Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MotoTotoRoto
What's DOS?
Views: 1,538
Message 1 of 3

Droid Maxx Rear Camera Wont work

My droid maxx's camera app wont open and will say "Error please restart camera" how ever when an app like snapchat or kik uses the front camera all is well. I like how Motorola has the nerve to make do what ever they can to prevent you to unlock your bootloader and rooting your phone, but cant even make a functioning camera.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,531
Message 2 of 3

Re: Droid Maxx Rear Camera Wont work

@MotoTotoRoto wrote:
My droid maxx's camera app wont open and will say "Error please restart camera" how ever when an app like snapchat or kik uses the front camera all is well. I like how Motorola has the nerve to make do what ever they can to prevent you to unlock your bootloader and rooting your phone, but cant even make a functioning camera.

The front and rear camers are separate hardware. If you still have error in safe mode and after a reset, then likely you have a hardware error. 

If unlocking or rooting is your requirement, then don't buy a carrier branded phone. All of Motorola's non carrier branded phones are easily unlocked. You should be blaming Verizon. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
MotoTotoRoto
What's DOS?
Views: 1,522
Message 3 of 3

Re: Droid Maxx Rear Camera Wont work

I rebooted the phone in safe mode camera still didnt work. Guess I need a repair. I dont have a warranty because I got it on ebay. Ill pay full price for Motorola to fix it and ill throw in an extra tip if they tell me what went wrong in the camera. Also thanks for explanation about the whole bootloader thing, never knew it was Verizon that were the issue.