Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID ULTRA & ULTRA MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-26-2014

United States of America

7 Signins

149 Page Views

• Views: 149
  • Message 1 of 3

Droid Maxx software

2014-03-26, 5:22 AM

How come we can't roll back to a previous version of Android? I would like to go back to 4.2.2 but I'm stuck on 4.4 due to "push ota" I also would like to unlock the boot loader again.... so I can install stock 4.4.2 developers edition back on my phone or install the 4.4.2 when it comes out for developers. The 4.4 is nice, but it has ISSUES!! I have the Razr M XT907 unlocked developers edition. It's a great phone for it's size, wished they had a sd slot for the Maxx. I would like to know some information on the LTE radio bands, herd that channel 14 is open to some carriers, any way to open more bands? The hardware is already setup for it. Is there a way to tweak the radio performance to get better signal quality? Yes I'm not your "regular user" I'm a Ham. I would like to be able to switch carriers but without gaining root access on 4.4 to edit the script it's impossible due to Motorola lack of compatibility. Does Motorola have new software for editing, like moto tools did ( back in the day to edit all sorts of settings and make them stick). I googled  for most of my questions for answers and there was little info on the subjects. Thank you for your help.

Options

7 Posts

03-26-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Droid Maxx software

2014-03-26, 16:48 PM

Do you have a Droid MAXX developer edition? If not, there is no known method for rooting on Android 4.4. You would have had to root on 4.2.2 and protect your root before upgrading to 4.4.

You had said "I also would like to unlock the boot loader again" which confuses me. If you had an unlocked bootloader it would still be unlocked.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Droid Maxx software

2014-03-26, 19:20 PM

BillyTheRatKing said:

Do you have a Droid MAXX developer edition? If not, there is no known method for rooting on Android 4.4. You would have had to root on 4.2.2 and protect your root before upgrading to 4.4.

You had said "I also would like to unlock the boot loader again" which confuses me. If you had an unlocked bootloader it would still be unlocked.

View original

+1

The Release Notes for KitKat stated that "You cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update."(these are available online and there was a link to the Release Notes in the information that showed on your device screen prior to updating).

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms