Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarshaMoto
What's DOS?
Views: 1,939
Message 1 of 7

Droid Ultra GSM Doesn't Work

Hey everyone got Droid Ultra from usa im from india as per fcc regulations GSM is factory unlocked by verizon wirelss 

i bought two Droid Ultras and one is activated and used for 3 months in that handset GSM Working 100% Fine no issues i can get data calls and text and mms..no issues so far and another one is never activated droid ultra in that handset gsm is not working its showing signal when inserted sim card after few seconds it will show emergency or no signal i dont know whats going on that with the handsets but cdma working fine

this guy also from and facing same issue like me with his droid ultra

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/36819-motorola-droid-mini-gsm-issues/

any solution will be help me greatly thanks Smiley Happy 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,896
Message 2 of 7

Re: Droid Ultra GSM Doesn't Work

I think that GSM phones don't need to be activated to work (I could be wrong about that).

The Droid series phones are CDMA phones that support GSM bands.  Since the phone was never activated, and the activated phone does work, this one may need to be activated as well.

I'm not sure about any of this, but it kind of makes sense.

Carlton39
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

Motorola Help told me that a Verizon Droid Ultra can not be used for data from a GSM system and can not be modified to work. I was told by the cell phone store here in Georgia, USA that just changing the SIM card would make it possible to use a Verizon phone on GSM. I can make and receive calls but that is all. If I try to Sync with Google, the message is, can not find server. I am changing to an unlocked Moto X if I can find out how to save my Contacts from an inactive Verizon Droid Ultra

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 7

Carlton39 said:

Motorola Help told me that a Verizon Droid Ultra can not be used for data from a GSM system and can not be modified to work. I was told by the cell phone store here in Georgia, USA that just changing the SIM card would make it possible to use a Verizon phone on GSM. I can make and receive calls but that is all. If I try to Sync with Google, the message is, can not find server. I am changing to an unlocked Moto X if I can find out how to save my Contacts from an inactive Verizon Droid Ultra

View original

There are APN settings that need to be changed to use the Verizon phone (CDMA ) on a GSM carrier.  I believe there are people in here who have done it, but since you're getting an X, it's kind of a moot point.

HarshaMoto
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

Ok,Guys i got Gsm working again the main problem caused that IMEI Number doesnt into international database so indian carriers blocked gsm on our handsets we raised issue to Motorola usa after that Kirk From Motorola added our IMEI Into database via GSMA Now we got gsm working

Thanks Moto Thanks kirk

Carlton39
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

To HarshaMoto:

Thanks for the info concerning the APN settings on my Ultra. I called the phone shop to arrange to switch to a Moto X and mentioned your suggestion to the phone guy. He said he could change the APN settings and recommended that I try the Ultra with the new APN settings before trading for a new phone. I can get Gmail now but the phone still does not work properly on AT&T. I think it is probably better to get the Moto X and eliminate the Verizon problems.

Thanks for your help.

Carlton

sameer33339
What's DOS?
Views: 1,481
Message 7 of 7

WATS the procedure dear. I am facing the same problem