Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID ULTRA & ULTRA MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2725 Signins

25655 Page Views

  • Posts: 3764
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 25655
  • Message 1 of 23

Fairly new Droid MAXX user

2014-09-09, 20:19 PM

Hello everyone.  I know it's kind of late into the Droid Maxx life, but I switched from a Razr M about a month ago...found a great deal on a brand new Droid Maxx that I couldn't pass up (which let me also keep my unlimited data).  This phone is truly awesome...wish I would have bought one sooner!  I would have posted that sooner, but have been pretty busy the past month.  I know there are rumors of a new Droid lineup coming out soon, but right now I am really enjoying everything about this phone.  I expect that this beast should serve me well for a year or more & maybe then I'll check out the newest Droid variant.  FYI:  I gave my upgrade to my wife, who bought a custom Moto X last month also...which she is in love with.  So we both have shiny new Moto toys and the trusty old Razr M's are on the shelf as a spare.

~Scott
Reply
Options

46 Posts

10-29-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 46
  • Registered: ‎10-29-2013
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 23

Re: Fairly new Droid MAXX user

2014-09-09, 21:03 PM
I've had my Droid Maxx since a few weeks after it was released. I can honestly say it is the best phone I've ever had. The battery is amazing. The fact that you can talk to it and it only listens to your voice is incredible. There isn't anything I don't like about it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. My daughter has a Moto X and she loves it.
Reply
Options

1799 Posts

08-22-2010

United States of America

221 Signins

3080 Page Views

  • Posts: 1799
  • Registered: ‎08-22-2010
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 3080
  • Message 3 of 23

Re: Fairly new Droid MAXX user

2014-09-09, 22:12 PM

What cobra venom said. laugh

Reply
Options

186 Posts

11-09-2011

United States - S.E. MA

14 Signins

139 Page Views

  • Posts: 186
  • Registered: ‎11-09-2011
  • Location: United States - S.E. MA
  • Views: 139
  • Message 4 of 23

Re: Fairly new Droid MAXX user

2014-09-09, 23:37 PM

Good judgement - good call



I do not think you'll ever regret it.


my old 2011-2013 Motororla (non-google) sign on - now up and running as my back up.
Reply
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2725 Signins

25655 Page Views

  • Posts: 3764
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 25655
  • Message 5 of 23

Re: Fairly new Droid MAXX user

2014-09-10, 0:57 AM

cobra_venom said:

I've had my Droid Maxx since a few weeks after it was released. I can honestly say it is the best phone I've ever had. The battery is amazing. The fact that you can talk to it and it only listens to your voice is incredible. There isn't anything I don't like about it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. My daughter has a Moto X and she loves it.View original


yes

~Scott
Reply
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2725 Signins

25655 Page Views

  • Posts: 3764
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 25655
  • Message 6 of 23

Re: Fairly new Droid MAXX user

2014-09-10, 0:58 AM

lewwill said:


What cobra venom said. laugh


View original


yes

~Scott
Reply
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2725 Signins

25655 Page Views

  • Posts: 3764
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 25655
  • Message 7 of 23

Re: Fairly new Droid MAXX user

2014-09-10, 0:59 AM

obiwan2000-2 said:


Good judgement - good call



I do not think you'll ever regret it.


View original


yes

~Scott
Reply
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

  • Posts: 12372
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 20947
  • Message 8 of 23

Re: Fairly new Droid MAXX user

2014-09-10, 1:06 AM

The "latest and greatest" isn't necessarily the best choice for someone.  The Maxx is a beast and my custom X is very near and dear to my heart.  They are both great, great phones, one emphasizing comfortable one-handed use, and the other emphasizing a battery that just won't quit.  Personally, I think you made excellent choices!

Reply
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2725 Signins

25655 Page Views

  • Posts: 3764
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 25655
  • Message 9 of 23

Re: Fairly new Droid MAXX user

2014-09-10, 1:14 AM

crystallet said:


The "latest and greatest" isn't necessarily the best choice for someone.  The Maxx is a beast and my custom X is very near and dear to my heart.  They are both great, great phones, one emphasizing comfortable one-handed use, and the other emphasizing a battery that just won't quit.  Personally, I think you made excellent choices!


View original


Thanks crystallet.  I have never been real concerned about having the latest phone...as long as we like them and they are "somewhat current", we are happy.   It was a tough choice for me because I like both phones so much.  But my wife was happy that I transferred my upgrade to her... she also has a custom engraving on the back that is something special between her and her mom.  I am very happy with the current Moto phones...but also excited to see what the next generation has to offer.  I like the direction that Moto is headed in!

~Scott
Reply
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

  • Posts: 13997
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2684
  • Message 10 of 23

Re: Fairly new Droid MAXX user

2014-09-10, 1:21 AM

sajokaz said:



crystallet said:


The "latest and greatest" isn't necessarily the best choice for someone.  The Maxx is a beast and my custom X is very near and dear to my heart.  They are both great, great phones, one emphasizing comfortable one-handed use, and the other emphasizing a battery that just won't quit.  Personally, I think you made excellent choices!


View original


Thanks crystallet.  I have never been real concerned about having the latest phone...as long as we like them and they are "somewhat current", we are happy.   It was a tough choice for me because I like both phones so much.  But my wife was happy that I transferred my upgrade to her... she also has a custom engraving on the back that is something special between her and her mom.  I am very happy with the current Moto phones...but also excited to see what the next generation has to offer.  I like the direction that Moto is headed in!


View original


Ditto!  Moto appears to really be listening and making devices that have useful features (and not just gimmicky add-ons). :)

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms