Mexico

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 41

Re: Finding a good mobile handsfree operation solution

2014-01-11, 16:43 PM

ydoc69 said:

When I check for "Google Now" in the App Store (Android), I only find Google Now - UCCW.  Is that the same thing? 

I already have the Google "text-to-speach" app loaded as well... are the NOW/"UCCW" and TTS apps compatible?  Or should I just run/try one OR the other?

I also found "OK Google Now (Beta)" and "Open Mic+ for Google Now"... but no (just) "Google Now".  What am I missing?

Thanks!

Bob

View original

Google now is part of the default google search application (the blue icon). When you first open it, it will run through the basics of google now and their card mechanism, where it will then prompt you to enable or disable. 

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 12 of 41

2014-01-11, 16:51 PM

elkorbino said:

ydoc69 said:

When I check for "Google Now" in the App Store (Android), I only find Google Now - UCCW.  Is that the same thing? 

I already have the Google "text-to-speach" app loaded as well... are the NOW/"UCCW" and TTS apps compatible?  Or should I just run/try one OR the other?

I also found "OK Google Now (Beta)" and "Open Mic+ for Google Now"... but no (just) "Google Now".  What am I missing?

Thanks!

Bob

View original

Google now is part of the default google search application (the blue icon). When you first open it, it will run through the basics of google now and their card mechanism, where it will then prompt you to enable or disable. 

View original

Thanks.

Found the Blue Google Icon and when clicked on it, it shows something like "Load Google Now?"  I did... so will now - later today - try it with my Bluetooth (HX550) to see if it operates the TEXT messaging function (receive and reply).  ALSO want to check if it plays text messages through ringer-speaker setting when Bluetooth device is NOT being used (I hope not... that was Dragon's downfall for me).

Will report back later with my findings.

AND MAYBE - if we ALL get REALLY lucky - Motorola and the My Motospeak developers will get their app working again, soon...  :-)

Bob

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 13 of 41

2014-01-11, 17:58 PM
Ydoc69: Google Now is part of Google Search (by Google).
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

21 Posts

12-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 41

2014-01-12, 21:23 PM

Well, from my list of stuff, I'm sticking mainly to the Dragon. It's quirky and sometimes will go into "recognition mode" even though I didn't press any buttons or say anything to trigger the app to open. I have found the drive mode settings act pretty consistently. I desire the sounds to be re-directed to my bluetooth output with the radio so that it will mute the radio when it's on & unmute when it's off. The only thing I have found so far is that when I get an incoming text, I can not simply produce a reply. I have to allow the incoming message to play and then start voice commands as though I am composing a new message. When I say "reply" it does not recognize the command and will say "I will be able to find texts in the future". Except as noted, I like Dragon more than anything else I have tried at this point. If Motorola ever does fix My Motospeak, I will return to it.

I did give "Google Now" a try and I found that it will only perform the texting functions over the phone speaker and not bluetooth output. Is there a setting that I missed? The "OK Google Now" trigger phrase is not always understood and I may have to repeat it a couple, three or four times. 

John

Options

5 Posts

01-07-2014

Mexico

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 41

2014-01-12, 21:30 PM
John,

There is a setting in Google now under the 'Voice' category for enabling usage of Bluetooth for recognition. I have attached a screenshot from my Droid Maxx for you to see.

That said, if Dragon works for you, I say stick with it. Once again, I personally enjoy Google now, but that's what makes Android great - choice.
Options

21 Posts

12-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 16 of 41

2014-01-12, 21:45 PM

Thanks elkorbino. I'll check it out again next time I'm driving.

John

Options

21 Posts

12-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 17 of 41

2014-01-14, 23:58 PM

I removed the Dragon Mobile app to avoid any conflicts for my testing and decided to give Touchless controls and Assist via Google Now a good test run. I had very mixed results using Google Now. I liked the responsiveness of Google Now and the voice feedback, however, the breaker is the texting mode. I turned on the bluetooth settings & my vehicle paired with the phone. When I tried to text, I was able to select a contact, compose a message, all via bluetooth. However, when it tried to confirm my text, it would say, "This is what I think I heard..." and it would not read the message out loud. Instead, I was forced to read the message it transcribed. What's the point of touchless if I have to pick up the phone and read it. 

Also, I did see updates were delivered to the Assist application which now recognizes drive mode when the bluetooth is enabled. However, this is not working with my vehicle or a Roadster. The application is suppose to show the bluetooth devices as it learns and it is not showing any device as I tried to pair and unpair, enabled, disable. Very frustrating!!

At one point, I think I found the proper fit, but I'm not sure if it was a fluke. Trying to recall as I have not tried to replicate again. I tried adjusting the drive more settings and it asked me to enable the GPS to change the setting. I did it and I think everything at that point was re-directed to the bluetooth. If this is the case, I'm not happy with having to enable the GPS when I drive as I have to make sure my phone is plugged in as to not drain the battery. 

Assist Options:

Am I missing something? Anyone else have any success routing all the voice & texting commands through a bluetooth speaker?

John

Options

21 Posts

12-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 18 of 41

2014-01-15, 1:40 AM

I was browsing the Google Play store and saw that My Motospeak app was updated Jan 13, 2014. I downloaded the app and tested, however, it still does not work, the version number did not change.

From the application informationAdditional information:  Updated January 13, 2014 Size 32M Installs 500,000 - 1,000,000 Current Version 3.0.57 Requires Android 2.0 and up

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 19 of 41

2014-01-15, 15:21 PM

Was going to pull the trigger on a different BT earpiece (Blueant Q3) because IT is supposed to have - as near as I can tell - all the functionality of My Motospeak in the Q3 phone app... but noticed that My Motospeak HAS COME OUT WITH AN UPDATE!!!  New version is dated 1/13.

I just tried it (Motorola HX550/Galaxy S3) and it works... for the most part.  I can receive/place calls, and it will read texts to me (YEA!), but the reply-to-a-text response isn't working. 

It understands "Text <person name>" and replies with "Opening text message" and "Say your message".  After stating the message, it STARTS TO SAY "Working" (like it used to), but only manages to say "Work...", and then goes back to "Say your message", again, and again...

I can hope that the developers follow these threads and will address THIS FUNCTION soon... but even if not, I could live with it.

Just wanted to let everybody know!

Bob 

========================

Edit: 1/15/14-12:55 CDT

Well, sorry... looks like I may have spoke too soon.  While the MMS appeared to have been updated, either it has not (yet), or - at least - MY PHONE/BT is still dong the same thing:  1)  Will read out texts to me, but won't allow me to reply and/or create/send a text message via my BT earpiece (HX550).  DANG!!!

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 20 of 41

2014-01-16, 0:22 AM

JTR said:

I removed the Dragon Mobile app to avoid any conflicts for my testing and decided to give Touchless controls and Assist via Google Now a good test run. I had very mixed results using Google Now. I liked the responsiveness of Google Now and the voice feedback, however, the breaker is the texting mode. I turned on the bluetooth settings & my vehicle paired with the phone. When I tried to text, I was able to select a contact, compose a message, all via bluetooth. However, when it tried to confirm my text, it would say, "This is what I think I heard..." and it would not read the message out loud. Instead, I was forced to read the message it transcribed. What's the point of touchless if I have to pick up the phone and read it. 

Also, I did see updates were delivered to the Assist application which now recognizes drive mode when the bluetooth is enabled. However, this is not working with my vehicle or a Roadster. The application is suppose to show the bluetooth devices as it learns and it is not showing any device as I tried to pair and unpair, enabled, disable. Very frustrating!!

At one point, I think I found the proper fit, but I'm not sure if it was a fluke. Trying to recall as I have not tried to replicate again. I tried adjusting the drive more settings and it asked me to enable the GPS to change the setting. I did it and I think everything at that point was re-directed to the bluetooth. If this is the case, I'm not happy with having to enable the GPS when I drive as I have to make sure my phone is plugged in as to not drain the battery. 

Assist Options:

Am I missing something? Anyone else have any success routing all the voice & texting commands through a bluetooth speaker?

John

View original

Is this at all related to your issue?

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/b7fd50f42f?commentId=747225#747225

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms