12-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 21 of 41

Re: Finding a good mobile handsfree operation solution

2014-01-16, 2:44 AM

I emailed the support address for the Hi!Way app concerning their issue with the registration. The finally responded today and said that the registration servers had some issues and has been resolved. I am going to download the app and test it for a couple of days. Stay tuned for my findings.

John

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 22 of 41

2014-01-16, 14:33 PM

JTR said:

I emailed the support address for the Hi!Way app concerning their issue with the registration. The finally responded today and said that the registration servers had some issues and has been resolved. I am going to download the app and test it for a couple of days. Stay tuned for my findings.

John

View original

Thanks John.  Please let "us" know what you find.  I also had the same registration "issues" with the Hi!Way app, so didn't get to try it.  I've tried a number of others in the interim, but haven't found any as functional/smooth as My Motospeak (when it works!).

If you could find an app that is what MMS was... or close, that would also possibly open up use of OTHER brands/models of Bluetooth earpieces.

And, from what I've READ, the Blueant Q3 SOUNDS/LOOKS like it has the similar (same?) functionality of a My Motospeak compatible earpiece/headset.

Thanks John!

Bob

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 23 of 41

2014-01-16, 23:45 PM

JTR said:

John

View original

Any luck John??

I'm not thrilled with Dragon... but if MMS never comes back, I might try to live with it.  UNLESS you have some success with Hi!|Way. 

Alternately, I'm tempted to leave Motorola altogether and try something like the Blueant Q3.  THE PROBLEM WITH THAT IS, like with My Motospeak, it's proprietary to that brand/manufacturer's headset.  I'd PREFER to find an app that is Android/phone based so that I could use ANY brand/model Bluetooth.

Let me know if YOU find one... and I'll keep looking too...

Here are some that I tried:

ASSISTANT (SPEAKTOIT)

JEANNIE

SKYVI

ROBIN

AIVC

SIRI FOR ANDROID (ANDY)

SPEAK DRIVE TEXT

JARVIS

INDIGO

Bob

Options

21 Posts

12-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 24 of 41

2014-01-17, 3:44 AM

Well, I tried Hi!Way this morning and right away I had problems. When I tried to initiate a text message, the app did not kick in. Since it was my first launch, I was prompted with the app to compose text messages, Hi!Way was not listed. The only choices that displayed was Goole Search and Touchless Controls. I selected Touchless Controls & only once, to see it this was the correct choice. The controls started as the Touchless Control interface. When I registered Hi!Way, the app walked through about 10 screens of tutorial information. There was nothing about creating text messages, only incoming and how to respond. This looks like an app that handles incoming texts only. Clearly, this is not what I was look or hoping for. I hope when they decide on the fee they want to charge, the app will have a major over haul to handle texting and calling operations. Also, Hi!Way requires GPS to be on in order to use automatic drive mode detection.

At this point, I removed the app and re-installed Dragon. I hear you Bob, you don't like Dragon. If I had a choice between Motospeak (working, of course) and Dragon, I would choose Motospeak. Given our current choices, Dragon is working for me and looks like my choice for now.

If I find anything more about Hi!Way, I'll re-investigate and see if anything has changed.

John

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 25 of 41

2014-01-17, 4:07 AM

JTR said:

Well, I tried Hi!Way this morning and right away I had problems. When I tried to initiate a text message, the app did not kick in. Since it was my first launch, I was prompted with the app to compose text messages, Hi!Way was not listed. The only choices that displayed was Goole Search and Touchless Controls. I selected Touchless Controls & only once, to see it this was the correct choice. The controls started as the Touchless Control interface. When I registered Hi!Way, the app walked through about 10 screens of tutorial information. There was nothing about creating text messages, only incoming and how to respond. This looks like an app that handles incoming texts only. Clearly, this is not what I was look or hoping for. I hope when they decide on the fee they want to charge, the app will have a major over haul to handle texting and calling operations. Also, Hi!Way requires GPS to be on in order to use automatic drive mode detection.

At this point, I removed the app and re-installed Dragon. I hear you Bob, you don't like Dragon. If I had a choice between Motospeak (working, of course) and Dragon, I would choose Motospeak. Given our current choices, Dragon is working for me and looks like my choice for now.

If I find anything more about Hi!Way, I'll re-investigate and see if anything has changed.

John

View original

Yep, sadly, the same scenario here...

And with MMS being classified as a "Sunset" app, I don't have any really good feelings about a long-term solution/app from Motorola either.  I too re-downloaded Dragon. 

As I recall, there were a couple of "major" issues with it that - on my phone - I didn't like.  1) the app wouldn't "release".  Once I made a call - for example - and the call was over.  I couldn't make another call right away (from my Bluetooth).  When I physically "opened" the phone, the Dragon app was still there and engaged... like I was still on the (previous call). 

2) Again, as I recall, it would read an incoming text to my Bluetooth (which I WANT it to do), but then would read it again... and again... and again... etc.  It never asked me if I wanted to close, repeat, delete, or reply, etc.  I would just keep repeating the text message.

Since it's the best one that we've found so far... I'll keep playing with the settings to see I can get it to function at least to an acceptable level. 

The NICE thing about Dragon, with it NOT being brand/Bluetooth device specific (like My Motospeak), is that it will allow (nearly) ANY phone/Bluetooth device combination.  That means Motorola BT devices that are NOT MMS compatible (Sliver, Sliver 2, etc.) could be used.

And as I noted previously... I might bite the bullet and Blueant Q3 (I'm due for a new BT device anyway).  Like when the Motorola MMS app first came out, Blueant is also saying that their Q3 headset is doing the same/similar functions. 

Sooooo... I'm at a juncture of 1) Dragon + "any" other BT device, or 2) Blueant Q3...  <sigh>

But what I REALLY WANT is my MY Motospeak back!  <whimper-whimper / whine-whine>

Bob

Options

21 Posts

12-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 26 of 41

2014-01-17, 14:51 PM

I use the bluetooth built into my truck and have the same problem when I'm finished texting. Fortunately, I have a hangup button on the steering wheel and it's a quick press and done. I can also use the voice button on the wheel to initiate the voice commands and start a new message. Having these buttons makes it convenient and acceptable to me for this behavior. 

I have not had the issue where it repeats with incoming texts <fingers crossed>. Though I do have problems sometimes replying as it does not pick up my command most times. I avoid hitting the on scree mic as it does not continue the voice commands and will not read back the reply before sending.

My favorite feature of Dragon that I have not found else where is the editing capabilities when composing messages. I have not explored all the options, my most used are replacing words and appending to the message.

When searching for an acceptable app, I must have the bluetooth options that work within my vehicle as it mutes my radio and turns down the HVAC fans to reduce noise levels when using these apps. I also do not want to have an app that requires the GPS in order to function in a "drive mode". 

Thanks to all for all the feedback.

John

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 27 of 41

2014-01-17, 15:22 PM

JTR said:

<snip>

When searching for an acceptable app, I must have the bluetooth options that work within my vehicle as it mutes my radio and turns down the HVAC fans to reduce noise levels when using these apps. I also do not want to have an app that requires the GPS in order to function in a "drive mode". 

Thanks to all for all the feedback.

John

View original

Although I use a Motorola HX550 vs. an in-vehicle device, I'm like you regarding the GPS.  I don't need want it to be operational ONLY when I'm driving.  I have my 550 in my ear most of the day...

Will be trying to work through Dragon settings today.  Still haven't decided on keeping that app (and any other BT device), or pulling the trigger on a Blueant Q3...

Bob

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 28 of 41

2014-01-18, 3:20 AM

Well...

Choice #1 - Want my My Motospeak back...  Is a "sunset app", so the likelihood of THAT happening is slim.  And even IF it's updated, as a "sunset app", Motorola has already made the decision to no support/offer it on their newer BT headsets (Sliver 2, Boom, Whisper, etc.)

Choice #2 - Find a non-Motorola alternative for a hands-free app with similar properties/function.  Haven't found one (yet).  Dragon just doesn't work for me, the way that I'd like.

Choice #3 - Go with a competitive product/app.  The Blueant Q3 "claims" functionality that, on the surface, APPEARS to very similar to the My Motospeak app.  Unfortunately, LIKE Motorola MMS, the only way to get it, is by purchasing a Blueant headpiece... that is, it is a proprietary software package.

Others have indicated a late-December date(s) when their MMS issues started.  MY MMS issues started December 6th.  It's now been nearly a month and a half since my MMS app worked... and I need it badly!  So, I've decided to go with choice/option #3.  I'll check back here, and the MMS app to see if 1) anybody finds a GOOD (and similar app) and/or 2) Motorola actually DOES update the MMS app.

If nothing happens in the interim, I'll report back here my Q3 findings.

Bob

Options

53 Posts

03-16-2010

United States

13 Signins

121 Page Views

• Views: 121
  • Message 29 of 41

2014-01-20, 0:40 AM

Sorry for not responding sooner I've been sorting out everything with KK.

Motorola Assist in drive mode using the Sliver works fine for me... as good as Motospeak or better. I wear my BT all day because I can use my hands working and talk/text over BT.

One app that you may like is EVA Intern if it has been updated to work on KK. I had it for the trial period and it worked well. The only thing that I didn't care for is once in a while it would start talking to me asking how I was, etc. Pretty funny if you are not occupied but the first time it happened is scared me because I was not expecting it. You could actually carry on a conversation with the app if you wanted to.

Options

53 Posts

03-16-2010

United States

13 Signins

121 Page Views

• Views: 121
  • Message 30 of 41

2014-01-20, 0:46 AM

Oh one thing I forgot to mention is using Google now or search through the assist app also allows you to ask it to look up a phone number and then tell it to call the number even if it is not in your contacts.

Example:

Me (using BT button) and waiting for prompt "Look up phone number for (insert business or other internet searchable name)

Google Now... Here is the number for XXXXX Call now?

Me Yes

Call initiated.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms