Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tepidturtle
Paper Tape
Views: 1,258
Message 31 of 38

Re: For our DROID Ultra/Maxx/Mini users on Verizon:

Take a look at post 16 of this thread, with regards to motorola receiving the go-ahead to unlock the verizon Moto X. Although the employees who previously posted on this thread have not answered my question as to whether the implication is that Verizon would need to approve such a move, it seems fairly likely that is the case. And considering that the Verizon Droid line likely accounts for a few million in revenue, it seems highly unlikely that Motorola would do what we're hoping for without Verizon's say-so. I just wish someone would confirm this.

There is also an ongoing petition asking Verizon to allow unlocking, so far it only has ~200 signatures: https://www.change.org/p/verizon-droid-family-bootloader-unlock
stewart73
SCSI Port
Views: 1,212
Message 32 of 38

it seems to me like somebody would consider doing a class action lawsuit. i bet it would be easy to win. this is bad business for motorola. i have this phone that is not updateable. then i have a moto x 2nd that i cracked the screen on and it wont come on.. motorola wants $500 deposit to get it fixed. (not happening) and i have not been able to usde it for 6 months or more now and i still owe $1000 on it. i will never get thru paying for something i cant use. i feel i am actually paying motorola to lie to me. Plus i stil have the Droid Ultrra that i owe 480$ on. this is incredible. 

stewart73
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,204
Message 33 of 38

@stewart73 wrote:

it seems to me like somebody would consider doing a class action lawsuit. i bet it would be easy to win. this is bad business for motorola. i have this phone that is not updateable. then i have a moto x 2nd that i cracked the screen on and it wont come on.. motorola wants $500 deposit to get it fixed. (not happening) and i have not been able to usde it for 6 months or more now and i still owe $1000 on it. i will never get thru paying for something i cant use. i feel i am actually paying motorola to lie to me. Plus i stil have the Droid Ultrra that i owe 480$ on. this is incredible. 

How does someone wind up owing $1000 on a 2014 X and $480 on an ultra? As for getting the phone fixed, if you were doing a phone exchange it may be a $500 deposit, but screen repair is under $200. 

Most of your problems you post have nothing to do with not getting an update. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
stewart73
SCSI Port
Views: 1,198
Message 34 of 38

like this sir/madam...paying the minimum amount of 30$ a month. the bill actually goes up when they add the interest on for not paying. thats how if you read the details of how buying from moto maker works you would not have asked that. unfortunately life took a downward spiral and minimum payment is all i have made. that wasnt the point. the point is when you buy from moto maker...you pay a LOT for financing and i have never had a phone i didnt break the screen on..point 2..  phones are useless when screen is out and $500 depost is proposterous.. just saying. thanks

stewart73
PeterWang
Paper Tape
Views: 1,112
Message 35 of 38

The special pricing offer means the consumers pay more and Lenovo get more cash. Why would I do that.

svzurich
SCSI Port
Views: 1,068
Message 36 of 38

After Marshmellow came out, I suspected this would be the case. I saw Moto do this on the Atrix. This phone (and before it the Droid Charge by Samsung) taught me to avoid Verizon "flagships". Locked bootloader, couldn't unlock it in spite of paying full price, and horrible updated schedule.

I was impressed with the original Moto X, so I bought the 3rd version of that, only to find the software features I loved about it being depreciated and discontinued. And now I had to ability to unlock the bootloader coupled with the new loss of warranty if I used that ability.

Moto/Lenovo, I really am disappointed. I'm only looking here because of an email I received today regarding the Droid Maxx. Thank you for the good products, especially for the current Moto X, but I think I'm going to give y'all up for Nexus phones when the next versions come out. Y'all given up on the sheer features that made your phones and services shine, and I find that disappointing.

Be well.

MrReis
What's DOS?
Views: 705
Message 37 of 38

What happened to the promotion? The link given in the first post redirects to https://www.motorola.com/us/home. I still cannot upgrade the Android OS on my Droid Ultra.

This is how companies make enemies for life.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 697
Message 38 of 38

@MrReis wrote:

What happened to the promotion? The link given in the first post redirects to https://www.motorola.com/us/home. I still cannot upgrade the Android OS on my Droid Ultra.

This is how companies make enemies for life.

According to this article, the offer expired about 1 year ago. I don't think the turbo 2 is available anymore anyway. 

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/135183/20160221/no-android-lollipop-update-for-droid-ultra-mini-an...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum