Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LSS
802.11n
Views: 3,862
Message 11 of 29

Re: How can I solve "Camera Busy" error

I found the Google Now's "OK Google" conflicted with Motorola's "OK Google now" when in Google Now.
Stonetica
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 29

Lss and Doogald, after doing the FDR last night, and restarting the phone, I purposely did as little as possible during the subsequent setup. Basically, all I did was enter my google account. The camera didn't work. So today I was off to the Verizon store expecting to get a new or repaired phone.

Here's what's weird: He turned the phone off and on, (again!!) and, miracle of miracles, it worked. I was dumbstruck. Of course, during that time, many (28) of the apps that came with the phone updated. I can tell you which ones if you care. 

So I spent the afternoon putting my phone data and apps back together. I kept a list of everything I did and checked the camera frequently, often turning the phone off and on and checking the camera again. At this point the camera is working. Right now, "From Google Search App" is checked and "From any Screen" is not. But I don't think it was checked when I was having the camera problem. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 13 of 29

Very strange how these things happen sometimes. I do hope you never see another problem with the camera.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

doogald
802.11n
Message 14 of 29

Good news to see that it's fixed with a reset!

LSS said:

I found the Google Now's "OK Google" conflicted with Motorola's "OK Google now" when in Google Now.View original

That's probably right, but, in the case of the video camera throwing an error, the setting that can be conflicting is "From any screen". When you are in the camera app, you are, by definition, not in Google Now.

As I said, I have that setting turned off for now, though I may turn it back on - the ongoing conversational features. "OK Google, where is Crested Butte, Colorado?" then "OK Google, what is the temperature there?" - I cannot recall if touchless controls can "remember" that "there" refers to the previously asked question or not. That said, the only times that I actually speak to my Maxx are when I am driving, and even that is rare, so, for now, I leave those settings turned off.

I do wish that Moto and/or Google would fix this problem, though. Since the Google Search update that added this from any screen feature, it's been a problem for people trying to record video, on the Droids at least.

Stonetica
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 29

OK. So. This evening, 40 apps (yes, count 'em, 40) updated. All of them, except Overdrive, were apps that came loaded on my phone. And guess what - that camera is back to being "busy". So after I restored my phone data and apps, got them just the way I wanted, it lasted about 24 hours. And to think I was asleep for about 8 of those. Give me strength. 

doogald
802.11n
Message 16 of 29

Stonetica said:

OK. So. This evening, 40 apps (yes, count 'em, 40) updated. All of them, except Overdrive, were apps that came loaded on my phone. And guess what - that camera is back to being "busy". So after I restored my phone data and apps, got them just the way I wanted, it lasted about 24 hours. And to think I was asleep for about 8 of those. Give me strength. 

View original

It's likely that the google search app was one of the ones that updated. Did you check to see if the "ok google" detection from any screen was turned on?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 17 of 29

Stonetica said:

View original

At this point you should go back to Verizon and ask them to replace the phone. The problem came back. They will probably FDR the phone again, but it didn't help in the past so hopefully they will just replace the phone. Good luck.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

pravin_n15
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 29

Model: Motorola Droid Ultra (Verizon) (applies to other Motorola Models running on any version of Android as well)

issue: Camera busy, cannot initialize camera.

Nailed it! :  Task killer app was killing off system processes related to camera. I stopped using task killer/RAM memory free up app and nailed it spot-on! No more cam failures.

Note: While your phone is ON if you use a task killer or RAM memory cleanup/management app even once, it will kill of system process thus causing issues with battery power management, camera management and other system management functions/drivers built-into Android OS. So you reboot the phone and never ever use a task killer. Period.

Now, for some who would argue about what to do if an app is detected to be using too much RAM or processor thus causing batter drain or system freeze/slow responsiveness or overheating, you can kill that specific process or app via task killer or just reboot the phone. But, in any circumstances, do not "Kill All" with a single touch as that would make Android unstable thus causing system issues and ultimately a crash.

Got it? I hope you do.

enjoy boys and girls. Smiley Happy

-pravin (Pune, India)

pravin_n15
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 29

Btw, replacement and spending additional money is not a solution to a problem. Careful analysis and step by step troubleshooting is.

That how we Indians do it. Smiley Very Happy

Namaste!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 20 of 29

pravin.n15 said:

Btw, replacement and spending additional money is not a solution to a problem. Careful analysis and step by step troubleshooting is.

That how we Indians do it. Smiley Very Happy

Namaste!

View original

I completely agree with you. Not everyone is able to troubleshoot well enough to find all problems, though. At some point you have to try to get them help when you can't help anymore. When the phone is in my hands, I can find problems easier than if it is in someone else's hands. Thanks for the solution that you found for this.