cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makcapri
What's DOS?
Views: 11,187
Message 1 of 4

How to remove Google Search bar from Home Screen?

How to remove Google Search bar from Home Screen? Please see attached screenshot.

doogald
802.11n
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to remove Google Search bar from Home Screen?

If this is for a Droid Maxx, you cannot from the stock launcher. Switch to another launcher from the Play Store - Nova launcher is a good choice - for one that doesn't require the search bar.

(By the way, I can tell that this is not a Droid Maxx by the on screen buttons on your screen shot. If it is not a Droid Maxx, try long-pressing on a blank spot on the screen and see if there is a settings icon that has a setting that allows removing the persistent Google search bar. The home screen icons definitely do not look like a Droid Maxx home screen.)

makcapri
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for reply.

This picture is only for reference. And yes! this screen does not belong to droid maxx.

Isn't there any for to remove search bar without any launcher?

doogald
802.11n
Message 4 of 4

Unless something changed that I missed - Nope. Newer Droid phones (Turbo, Turbo 2, Maxx 2) allow you to remove the search bar but it doesn't give you any extra space for icons or other widgets - a launcher like Nova or Apex or Action Launcher will. If the Maxx ever gets Lollipop I suspect it will get the same launcher.

Nova has a free version that you can use, and Nova Prime adds a bunch of features that many people want (one of them is the ability to use a plugin app called Tesla Unread to add unread badges to icons, but I don't need that myself.)

I use the Google search bar all of the time so I'm fine with it and use the much better than stock Google Now launcher.