cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makcapri
What's DOS?
Views: 1,426
Message 1 of 9

How to turn off proximity sensor in ultra maxx?

How to turn off proximity sensor in droid ultra maxx? I do not want to turn off screen during phone call. That is why I am looking for a method by which I can turn off proximity sensor forever.

Please advise!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 9

Re: How to turn off proximity sensor in ultra maxx?

Why do you want to keep it on?  You could accidentally dial something with your face.  Can you please explain a little further?

makcapri
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

Actually my phone screen goes to black during phone call and due to this i could hit dial-pad any more or i could not disconnect any call. That is why I want to keep this on! Can you help me?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 9

Go into the Accessibility settings on your phone and you should find a setting that says Power button ends call.  If you turn that off, when you're in a call, just tap the Power button to turn the screen back on.

makcapri
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

crystallet said:

Go into the Accessibility settings on your phone and you should find a setting that says Power button ends call.  If you turn that off, when you're in a call, just tap the Power button to turn the screen back on.

View original

I did the same. Power button ends call but screen backs after 1 minute.

makcapri
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

Is there any way to disable black screen during phone call. I want to do this.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 9

I'm not sure I understand what you said.  Is the power button ends call setting on or off?

makcapri
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

crystallet said:

I'm not sure I understand what you said.  Is the power button ends call seeing on or off?

View original

After pressing power button, call disconnects. But! screen does not appear. It remain black. It appears after approx 1 min.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 9

I think you should turn the Power button ends call feature off.  If you do that, then anytime during the call, tapping the Power button will light up the screen, but it will not end the call.  At the end of the call, tap the Power button, and touch the red hang-up button on the screen.

There's a reason the screen goes dark during a call.  You have no way of knowing what your face will touch.  You could even accidentally end the call without knowing it.  It's better for the screen to be dark while you're talking, unless you're on speakerphone, in which case, the phone isn't next to your face.