Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wild_West
What's DOS?
Views: 191
Message 1 of 3

MAXX SCREEN TIME OUT

Help! no one can answer my question, why does my screen time out in power saving mode, then

goes dark and won't come back on. Example when I dial a number and the automated operator answers, before I can finish punching all the required numbers in, my screen goes dark and won't come back on no matter what I do. How do you fix this? I've been a loyal Motorola customer for over 25 years, I had the Motorola TAC in the 80's.

Frank

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: MAXX SCREEN TIME OUT

Moving to Droid Maxx forum - I don't have this phone nor do I use power saving mode, so is I am not sure. 

Does it do it in safe mode? Have you tried a factory reset, and then test before restore/ installing any apps. What fixes it now? A reboot? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
doogald
802.11n
Message 3 of 3

Re: MAXX SCREEN TIME OUT

There is a setting in settings / accessibility to allow the power button to disconnect a call. Make sure that this option is disabled and the screen should come back on when you press the power button while you are in a call.

One other option is to not use speakerphone when you need to input numbers from the keypad. When you move the phone to your head, the display will turn off; when you move it away, it will turn back on.

One other thing that may work is to connect a power cable when the display is off - that may power it back on. I've never tried that myself, though.