Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayMoontra
What's DOS?
Views: 292
Message 1 of 6

MDM not starting and drivers not downloading

I recently did a clean reinstall of windows 7 and this is the first time since then that I have been trying to connect to my phone from the computer. I have searched everywhere for a solution to this for the past couple of days and haven't found anything working yet.

When I plug in my phone into computer through the usb cord motorolla device manger does not start. My computer does recognize the phone though. I see it in device manager as XT1080.

Things I have tried already.

Switching usb cords

Plugging my phone in with MTP checked

Plugging my phone in with PTP checked

Plugging in my phone with usb debugging enebled

Plugging in my phone with usb debugging disabled

I have tried every usb port on my laptop

I have treid uninstalling then reinstalling motorolla device manager and restarting my computer

Running out of ideas here. Really wish I could just download the driver and take care of it myself but it seems like I have to go through the motorolla device manager which is not working for me whatsover.

doogald
802.11n
Message 2 of 6

Re: MDM not starting and drivers not downloading

Do you have an antivirus utility installed other than Microsoft's? If yes, will disabling that temporarily allow for the install of the drivers?

JayMoontra
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

Oops I should have included that into the Things I Have Tried Already.

Yes I have tried the following -> uninstalling MDM, restarting windows, disabling antivirus, reinstalling MDM, then plugging in the phone with MTP checked and USB debugging unchecked.

It doesn't seem like it is an issue of my permissions settings getting into the way of downloading the drivers. I think the problem is the fact the MDM is not detecting my phone at all so there is nothing that is prompting my computer to download the drivers.

doogald
802.11n
Message 4 of 6

Well, did you try downloading MDM from Motorola, to see if it's the version that you have is bad? (You didn't say where you found MDM.) Did you try restarting the phone?

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481

doogald
802.11n
Message 5 of 6

Oh, also (I doubt this will help, but worth a try), restarting the phone is safe mode, just on the long-shot that it's an app on the phone that is causing problems? (Long press power like you were going to power off, then long press power off until the safe mode restart prompt comes up and follow the directions.)

JayMoontra
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

Yes. The MDM I have tried was from the motorola website. Here is the url I used to download it if that is helpful at all

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/95488/p/30,6720,8882

Starting it in safe mode is one thing I hadn't tried. Unfortunatley I am getting the same result as before. I do appreciate the suggestions though.