Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leemd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,562
Message 1 of 10

MOTO X Launcher failure notification on Droid Maxx

Has anyone seen a notification upon power on Droid Maxx saying "Moto X Launcher" failed. You click OK and everything seems to be working. This began to appear after the update to KITKAT?

brianhardy
802.11n
Message 2 of 10

Re: MOTO X Launcher failure notification on Droid Maxx

Nope haven't seen or heard of that one yet. You didn't have any moto x system dump apks installed did you ?
Brian Hardy
leemd
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 10

The notificaton actually says "MotLauncher failure" then option to click cancel or ok. If hit ok it continues to boot up. Have never seen this until last few days since KK update. Any thoughts?

leemd
Paper Tape
Message 4 of 10

No I have not added anything except the apps I have. No rooting or anything strange. Simple User

leemd
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 10

I would hate to go through a factory data reset on whole phone. Fairly familiar with recovery. Just not sure if rebooting from SD will reload KK and might fix this while not getting rid of data...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 10

leemd said:

I would hate to go through a factory data reset on whole phone. Fairly familiar with recovery. Just not sure if rebooting from SD will reload KK and might fix this while not getting rid of data...

View original

I would suggest that you clear data in the Motlauncher app in Settings>Apps>All>MotLauncher. This will erase all of your icons and widgets from your home screen and you will have to set it up from scratch, but i believe that it will fix the issue that you are having. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

leemd
Paper Tape
Message 7 of 10

I have spoken to L2 support at Motorola. While on phone I deleted the apps UPS, Dolphin Zero Browser, Spideroak, and Fandango. These where the only apps I added since the KK update. One of those apps was creating the "motlauncher failure" problem. I will go back and try each one individually and post here which one it is.... I appreciate the help. I am thinking it is the UPS app since it was the last one added a week ago. I will check and repost which particluar app. Just waiting on L2 support from Motorola to come back on phone so I can tell them I found the potential cause of their launcher problem......LJL

leemd
Paper Tape
Message 8 of 10

OK, FYI, if you are using Motorola Droid Maxx or ( any other variant) the " UPS app" will cause a " motlauncher failure" notification on restart. I added back the apps from above except UPS ( as others have had problems with it interfering and causing notifications) and have not had a "motluancher failure" notification. I had the UPS app on phone before the KK update but had not used it until recently ( xmas) and apparently it does not like android software and in particular KK on Motorola phones. Thank you all for the help. Hope this helps out somebody somewhere! Moto tech support should know this now also. LJL

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 10

leemd said:

OK, FYI, if you are using Motorola Droid Maxx or ( any other variant) the " UPS app" will cause a " motlauncher failure" notification on restart. I added back the apps from above except UPS ( as others have had problems with it interfering and causing notifications) and have not had a "motluancher failure" notification. I had the UPS app on phone before the KK update but had not used it until recently ( xmas) and apparently it does not like android software and in particular KK on Motorola phones. Thank you all for the help. Hope this helps out somebody somewhere! Moto tech support should know this now also. LJL

View original

Thank you!

I toyed with installing the UPS app for all the holiday deliveries, but am glad that I did not Smiley Happy

BTW, would you please let UPS developers know that their app does not play well with your device/OS version?  It helps the devs to get a heads up so they can start working on updating the app Smiley Happy

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
aun-jee
What's DOS?
Views: 1,475
Message 10 of 10

Now my mobile showing massage to update your MOT launcher one day remaining for locking your set