Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snugglybuny
What's DOS?
Views: 1,397
Message 21 of 31

Re: Motorola ID "Authentication Problem" notification

yes, I posted same issue here in the Droid Maxx forum a few moths back.  I am still experiencing this issue, but have given up on a resolution.  I hope you have better luck, I will continue on with the xanax (just kidding, my sick sense of humor).

MontanaDave
Paper Tape
Message 22 of 31

LSS - That didn't fix it.  Sad day.
Wendy_W
Bit Torrent
Message 23 of 31

Hey folks, if any of you are still having this issue, please see Mark's update here.

MontanaDave
Paper Tape
Message 24 of 31

Wendy_W, thank you for the update!  Good to know there's hope on the horizon.

Wendy_W said:

Hey folks, if any of you are still having this issue, please see Mark's update here.

View original

Wendy_W
Bit Torrent
Message 25 of 31

Also, in case you missed it... check out the latest update on the Motorola Blog. =)

Now, you guys know how these releases work... they roll out in waves. No, I don't know EXACTLY when YOU will get it. But it will be soon. Smiley Happy

LSS
802.11n
Message 26 of 31

Wendy_W said:

Also, in case you missed it... check out the latest update on the Motorola Blog. =)

Now, you guys know how these releases work... they roll out in waves. No, I don't know EXACTLY when YOU will get it. But it will be soon. Smiley Happy

View original

What about the Droids?  They aren't listed and never received 4.4.2 when all other newer MOTOROLA devices did the last go 'round.

Wendy_W
Bit Torrent
Message 27 of 31

I don't have any specific details, but I would say to keep an eye on the blog for more info. 

Wendy_W
Bit Torrent
Message 28 of 31

Sorry guys, I'm getting my threads confused. The issue where folks have to constantly re-login to their google accounts whenever they go out of their network coverage area should be fixed in 4.4.3. The Motorola ID authentication thing is something different, though.

Mark asked me to pass along a request for those of you still experiencing the Motorola authentication issue.

Our engineers would like some logs to see what is happening.

1. Please go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on build number 7-10 times until it activates Developer Mode

2. Then go to back to Settings Screen and find Developer Options and enable USB Debugging and Enable Power Menu Debug reports.

3. Then replicate situation where the authentication issue occurs

4. Then press the Power button to simulate turning the phone off.

5. Choose option in Power Off menu for Bug report

6. Click Report

7. The phone will start to collect the logs. It will vibrate to confirm the logs are started

8. When logs are complete a notification will appear in the status bar. It will be 4 vertical lines.

9. Expose the Status bar and select "Bug report captured".

10. Choose your email account

11. You'll see bugreport and a date code in the subject line. Add "Motorola ID authentication on DROID RAZR HD/M" to the beginning of the subject.

12. Send the email to supportforums@motorola.com and address it to Wendy.

Please also put your location at the time the event occurs if you think of it so we can understand what kind of network coverage you are in at the time.

We'll get it to our engineers for review.

Thanks! =)

paradizelost
Paper Tape
Message 29 of 31

Haven't had the issue recently, but both myself on a Droid Maxx, and my parents, one on maxx, one on mini, have all had this issue in areas with spotty coverage. 

The motorola message will go away once you sign back into the google account, however, as others have mentioned, we all have multifactor turned on, so unless we save our "one time device passcode"  in a spot accessible when our accounts aren't working, we have to do the web auth as well.

It sounds like this should be addressed with 4.4.3/4.4.4, whichever one ends up coming out ultimately.

Here's to hoping a soak test starts soon!

timsbsns
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 31

Hey Wendy, I was able to capture and send that log to you as instructed above.  Hopefully the technicians can do something with it to fix this incredibly annoying problem.  What's almost hilarious is that while I was capturing this log file, my Nexus 7 which is exactly in the same place with no issues, downloaded the new 4.4.4 update and installed it.  Motorola is really dropping the ball on this one,