cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,783
Message 11 of 33

Re: Motorola Sensor Services complete uninstall?

I had one other incident reported like this, and the same thing happened -- a reboot solved it. Until we have more of them I guess I'm putting this in the "just-one-of-those-things" pile. Please let me know if it occurs again.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
LzyNerd227
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 33

I got this notice as well. Y'all should know that I recently allowed the installation of unknown sources so I could install Amazon Instant Video. After reading this post, I rebooted and the message went away. Note that I also unchecked the capability to install from unknown sources just prior to the reboot just to make sure nothing malicious is coming through.

Highlighted
nate_pgh
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 33

The same alert appeared on my phone last night.  I went ahead and did it.  My advice... don't do it!  After my phone restarted, my keyboard responsiveness was very slow, all my sound was gone, and the vibration feedback was gone as well.  I didn't discover all the issues until I woke up the next morning.  Even my wake-up alarm on my phone failed to make noise.

If you get this prompt, I'd suggest doing what other noted they did and restart your phone in hopes that the alert goes away.

Fortunately, I was able to reset my phone to factory settings and the keyboard, sounds, and vibrations were all back to normal.  Sucked to redo some of my personal settings, but oh well... lesson learned.

mccoy2708
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 33

I know OP was several months ago but i just got this notification tonight. Is there any new info on it? Since it would not clear I did it. When I look in my apps I don't even find it, just one called Motorola Contextual Services. So far no obvious adverse effects. Phone not rooted or changed, no downloads from unknown sources. I am very curious for any info you might have.

Yev
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 33

Just factory reset my MotoX 1st Gen to 4.4.4 firmware and got the same prompt. No root, no custom anything--brand new install.

Piper5150
SCSI Port
Message 16 of 33

I just got this, this morning as well out of the blue (after a random restart).  Rebooted the phone, it was gone, checked for update and the minor update from verizon was available.

Yev
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 33

The prompt did not go away for me after reboot. Moto X 2013 4.4.4

Stevil-1
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 33

I woke up to my phone showing this as well.  Restarting the phone as suggesed, but but I'm really curious to know why this is occuring

Stanmich
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 33

I have a MotoX and had the same message. I was using my flashlight app and it froze up my phone. I shook my phone to see if it would unfreeze. It didn't work and my camera app did not open. Then I held down the power button for several seconds and the phone came back to life but then I got this message.
Drusafa
Token Ring
Message 20 of 33

I just received this message yesterday. My phone crashed and rebooted itself. When it came up I had the message.