Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID ULTRA & ULTRA MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-26-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 31 of 70

Re: No Longer Receiving Emergency Alerts

2014-03-26, 21:22 PM

I am having the same problem.  I have a Droid Maxx running Android 4.4 and yesterday my phone did not get the alert, but my husbands Droid Razr Maxx running Android 4.1.x did.  We are both on Verizon, but it was during the work day and the phones were about 8 miles apart so there is a chance that we were on different towers, but both in the same metropolitan area - Phoenix.  I contacted Verizon who said it sounds like a device issue and then contacted 3 support people (online chat, first level phone support which was having a hard time understanding me and then a second level support) at Motorola who try to say it is a Verizon issue.  The second level support loaded some Rescue Mobile app so she could control my device, but that didn't seem to help her solve the problem.  After about 2 hours of going around, they finally said that they know about the problem but the fix is not available to me (could not explain why) and then that they will send me a link to the fix.  This is very frustrating.  I guess I will post again to this thread if the link does anything.

Options

9 Posts

10-28-2013

United States

9 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 32 of 70

2014-04-02, 19:20 PM

A WEA Flash Flood alert was just issued at approx. 2:15 pm CDT on 4/2/2014. My DROID Max did not get it. The guy sitting next to me received it on his iPhone. No WEA alerts since the upgrade.

Options

15 Posts

03-13-2012

United States

16 Signins

460 Page Views

• Views: 460
  • Message 33 of 70

2014-04-04, 15:46 PM

I can confirm that no warnings are being received. I have every box checked with the "reminders set to every 15 minutes", There were two tornado warnings and a flash flood warning that were within the cell tower my phone was in. I know it should have alerted me, however the only warning I received was a "Google Now" warning. Also noted when in the stairwell with others their iPhones and a Galaxy Phone did go off, again verifying the signal went out but my phone did not receive this.

I hope this issue does not just got put in the same pile as miscellaneous bug fixes, for this has to do with warning about potential life threatening situations

Options

16 Posts

08-13-2012

United States

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 34 of 70

2014-04-04, 18:54 PM

I'm on the Verizon network and I don't receive them anymore since I switched from my S4. 

Options

1 Posts

04-30-2014

United States

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 35 of 70

2014-04-30, 16:48 PM

I have find that that the Droid Maxx is not a compatible phone. Maybe this is the problem? Here is the list:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/information/wea_devices.html

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 36 of 70

2014-04-30, 17:44 PM

I'm thinking there's a different system in place for emergency alerts on our phones, because if you look at the list at the link you provided, they're all slightly older models.  

Options

256 Posts

04-30-2012

United States

8 Signins

128 Page Views

• Views: 128
  • Message 37 of 70

2014-04-30, 17:55 PM

Yes, WXCB

I too have noticed this. I have to believe that Verizon has just not updated this page since the technology rolled out. That list also omits all the new phones by other brands as well. When I looked around at some other carriers I found that the newer phones are listed. For example att's page shows the Moto X and the S5 phones. I have also noticed that many people from many different carriers are complaining that they have not received WEA's when they thought they should have. Apple is also effected. This was a good page to link off of.

Options

256 Posts

04-30-2012

United States

8 Signins

128 Page Views

• Message 38 of 70

2014-04-30, 18:38 PM

Here is a bit from the att page. What does the last scenario mean? I do know that the list of scenarios that will set off a WEA is short to prevent false alearts, but if the sirens are going, your phone should be too.

If you expected to receive a WEA but didn't, consider the following possible scenarios:

• You don't have a WEA-capable smartphone.

• Your smartphone isn't enabled and is set to opt out of that particular alert.

• You aren't in an area that was geographically targeted to receive an emergency alert.

• Your smartphone was in an active voice call or data session during the time period that the emergency alert was broadcast.

• Tsunami Warnings

• Tornado and Flash Flood Warnings

• Hurricane, Typhoon, Dust Storm and Extreme Wind Warnings

I only heard the alert once and that was with my Droid Bionic. It came out of the phone sounding just like a weather radio. High pitched sound that no one can mistake. In fact I just turned on the Bionic and the wea was still listed in the apps/Emergency Alerts. It was from October of last year when a tornado came through the area last. I was doing some work in the basement when it started going off with the tornado sirens. The kids (6 an 8) were already in bed. They were down in the basement with me with in 30 secs after the alert started. It was nice to have the warning even though the tornado touched down east of me. In the basement with music going, I did not even hear the sirens going since the Bionic was streaming music. It caught me off guard because I never heard my phone make that noise before. It would be nice to trust the alert system since your life could very well depend on it.

Since then I don't think we had an alert in the area that would qualify to set off the phones WEA. The weather radio sounded many times since then, but that was for severe thunderstorm activity. 

Anyone reading this receive an alert lately? Down south storms?

Options

256 Posts

04-30-2012

United States

8 Signins

128 Page Views

• Message 39 of 70

2014-04-30, 18:50 PM

Here is another good chart showing what alerts should set off a emergency alert.

Options

353 Posts

06-16-2012

United States

2 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 40 of 70

2014-05-01, 17:55 PM
I just got this from weatherbug but nothing from the emergency thing on my maxx.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms