Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
policetac
What's DOS?
Views: 894
Message 1 of 4

Notification loop

When powered up, my phone is in a loop that keeps sending me notifications saying GAAPS has stopped, moto has stopped, talkatone has stopped etc
It will not allow me to navigate. factory reset does not work
When i try safemode, it hangs at boot

I've tried everything. I've even attempted to flash a stock ROM with RSDLite with no success.

Any ideas?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 873
Message 2 of 4

Re: Notification loop

@policetac wrote:

When powered up, my phone is in a loop that keeps sending me notifications saying GAAPS has stopped, moto has stopped, talkatone has stopped etc
It will not allow me to navigate. factory reset does not work
When i try safemode, it hangs at boot

I've tried everything. I've even attempted to flash a stock ROM with RSDLite with no success.

Any ideas?

If you flashed at all, we may not be able to help.

But you should be able to get to the recovery menu (external hardware keys) and do a reset or cache clear. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
policetac
What's DOS?
Views: 864
Message 3 of 4

Can't do an external factory reset. When attempted the phone restarts and hangs on the droid machine logo. Recovery from there will not work either as it returns to the options menu and says recovery failed. The bootloader is locked

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 855
Message 4 of 4

@policetac wrote:

Can't do an external factory reset. When attempted the phone restarts and hangs on the droid machine logo. Recovery from there will not work either as it returns to the options menu and says recovery failed. The bootloader is locked

Verizon has a software update tool from moto, you can try that. If that fails, service is next.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum