Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,229
Message 1 of 411

Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

Feel free to ask questions - as soon as we have dates or news to share, we will post it here. Please don't start new threads - this is your place to ask anything you want to about the upcoming OS update. Of course, we may not be able to answer everything. But we can at least volunteer what we know, what we don't know and what we think.

For more information about joining the Motorola Feedback Network (MFN) and participating in software releases - see this link:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775?commentId=853796#853796

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 411

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 411

RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 411

No dates yet - just trying to centralize and organize. But ask away - here. 

scdadd
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 411

Will the 5.0 for the droid maxx be after the new year?
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 411

scdadd said:

Will the 5.0 for the droid maxx be after the new year?View original

Right in @AlphaDog's post:  "No dates yet - just trying to centralize and organize".

~Scott
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 7 of 411

Thanks for organizing a thread like this @AlphaDog...seems like a good idea!   This is my opinion of Lollipop on this phone:  let's wait until it's stable, tested and ready.  New OS updates are always fun & exciting...but let's not rush the party.  It will be ready when it's ready.  I read an article earlier today that mentioned Google's 5.1 Changelog:

General improvements in system stability

Improved RAM management

Fixes for sudden app closures

Improved battery management

Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed

Issues with wireless connections fixed

Problems with Okay Google function solved

Notifications problems solved

Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed

Other improvements and changes

I don't have any devices on 5.0 already so I don't know how good or bad it is, and don't have any opinions about it yet.  But, personally, if Google made it a point to publish those things in a change log...I would be more than happy to wait and receive 5.1 over 5.0 (even if that means a few more months).  All of those things are more important to me personally than having a new OS just for the sake of having it.  I am excited to see Android Lollipop on my Maxx, but also have no problem waiting until it is stable and ready. 

~Scott
slwest78
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 411

The most important thing to me is signal, make it to where it will pull 4g all the time and not drop to 3g when 4g gets a little weak cause Verizon's 3g is horribly slow and not worth even using.
Sainsy31
Fanfold Paper
Message 9 of 411

I would tend to agree with @sajokaz. I'm excited for Lollipop, but would prefer a stable OS. I would not have a problem waiting a little if it meant we could go right to 5.01 or 5.1. My preference is a stable running OS.
lewwill
802.11n
Message 10 of 411

My wife has Lollipop 5.0 on her Moto X tng.  I set it up for her and did not notice any major problems.  My use of her phone is limited to the middle of the night when she is asleep crying but is seems quite stable and she is happy with it.  She came kicking and screaming into smartphones with the Razr M and now the new Moto X at my urging. angryShe uses it extensively now and I would not like to try to take it from her.indecision  We live "out in the woods" with marginal LTE at our house with VZ but excellent LTE nearby.  WiFi works well at home.  My Maxx is working great and I have no problem waiting for 5.01 or 5.1 if there are major improvements.  I understand there are.  @sajokaz, thank you for your posting of the potential changelog.  Looks good but "OK Google" is working fine on my Maxx with 4.4.4.  It is very impressive and I can wait for the upgrade.  As for signal, that is a function of where the LTE towers are in relation to your phone.  I am very satisfied with VZ's coverage, especially when we travel. IMNSHO they are still the best and are really making great strides in releasing updates in a timely fashion.  Better to wait until it is right than begin a hopscotch thru minor updates.