Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SnoDrtRider
Fanfold Paper
Views: 605
Message 91 of 411

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

Well if moto pulls this with the Droid Maxx it will be the last Motorola product I ever own. We share pretty much the same hardware as the Moto X if the Maxx is not updated to Lollipop I'm done!

I saw no reason to root or otherwise hack my phone due to the pretty much stock Android OS and the minimal bloat from VZW which could be disabled but should an update not come down the pike I am going down the pike and my choice of my next devices will be based on support by the development community.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/06/02/motorola-atrix-hd-stays-on-jelly-bean/ 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 92 of 411

SnoDrtRider said:

Well if moto pulls this with the Droid Maxx it will be the last Motorola product I ever own. We share pretty much the same hardware as the Moto X if the Maxx is not updated to Lollipop I'm done!

I saw no reason to root or otherwise hack my phone due to the pretty much stock Android OS and the minimal bloat from VZW which could be disabled but should an update not come down the pike I am going down the pike and my choice of my next devices will be based on support by the development community.

View original

When you buy a carrier branded phone, the carrier calls the shots. Blame who you want, but if you want to point the finger at Moto then purchase a phone that is not beholden to a carrier.  I don't think the VZW phones slated for 5.x will suffer the same fate, but this type of carrier behavior has been going on for years.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
SnoDrtRider
Fanfold Paper
Message 93 of 411

AlphaDog said:

SnoDrtRider said:

View original

When you buy a carrier branded phone, the carrier calls the shots. Blame who you want, but if you want to point the finger at Moto then purchase a phone that is not beholden to a carrier.  I don't think the VZW phones slated for 5.x will suffer the same fate, but this type of carrier behavior has been going on for years.  

View original

Why would MOTO be offering a discount if it is ATT who is yanking the update for the Atrix? If it is the carrier don't you think the carrier would be issuing the apology and credit?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 94 of 411

SnoDrtRider said:

AlphaDog said:

SnoDrtRider said:

View original

View original

Why would MOTO be offering a discount if it is ATT who is yanking the update for the Atrix? If it is the carrier don't you think the carrier would be issuing the apology and credit?

View original

No, because Moto wants to try to keep you buying Moto phones. They have more at risk than the carrier. If you switch phones, but stay with that carrier, then Moto is the loser in that scenario. The carrier doesn't care unless you are going to another carrier. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 95 of 411

SnoDrtRider said:

AlphaDog said:

SnoDrtRider said:

View original

View original

View original

Moto issues the updates and their name is on the product. I call it good customer service. I don't think carriers ever apologize. But, I encourage you to do your research, and if you want to believe things work your way, it doesn't bother me. 

There is good reason why the developer community avoids buying carrier branded phones. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Andru1265
What's DOS?
Message 96 of 411

William Shekespeare!!! To be or not to be??? Android 5.1 That is the question...

Drusafa
Token Ring
Message 97 of 411

So today the Verizon web site was updated to show the droid maxx as having lollipop 5.0.2. The turbo was also update to show the same.
tacogato
What's DOS?
Message 98 of 411

It should be noted that it has been over 400 days since the last official comment on the Droid Maxx from Motorola: https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/Dfpjj3F2K6T. That's some top notch support. 

NormPicard
What's DOS?
Message 99 of 411

Has anyone heard anything new?

SnoDrtRider
Fanfold Paper
Message 100 of 411

I really find it hard to believe that it takes Verizon (if that is really the hold up) to test and approve an update. When I had my Original Droid I was rooted and was a crack flasher flashing different ROMs sometimes several times a day just to check them out. I NEVER had an issue with connectivity or any normal functions of the device despite flashing quite a few Alpha and Beta builds from different developers.

I haven't felt the need to use an aftermarket ROM since Moto dropped Blur and the stock ROMs are fairly clean versions of Android but come on... how long does it take two big companies to get something done?