Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flyinbrian
Token Ring
Views: 739
Message 31 of 411

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

Ya know, if they are having problems with giving us 5.anything they could always give everyone on here with a mini, ultra and ultra maxx a new turbo. That would be a nice way to say sorry. ;-)
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 32 of 411

flyinbrian said:

Ya know, if they are having problems with giving us 5.anything they could always give everyone on here with a mini, ultra and ultra maxx a new turbo. That would be a nice way to say sorry. ;-)View original

This is just to be funny, right? A company would go out of business if they were to start doing things like this. That would be nice to dream about though. lol

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

flyinbrian
Token Ring
Message 33 of 411

Yes, it was just a dream of mine. I'm just talking. Its all just in good spirit.
Sao97
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 411

joelbon said:

flyinbrian said:

Ya know, if they are having problems with giving us 5.anything they could always give everyone on here with a mini, ultra and ultra maxx a new turbo. That would be a nice way to say sorry. ;-)View original

This is just to be funny, right? A company would go out of business if they were to start doing things like this. That would be nice to dream about though. lol

View original

Hah, if only. They might go out of business but they'd have some of the happiest customers from any company ever.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 35 of 411

Sao97 said:

joelbon said:

flyinbrian said:

View original

Hah, if only. They might go out of business but they'd have some of the happiest customers from any company ever.

View original

Happy for how long?  Not very long, I'd guess....

As @joelbon said, it would be a nice dream Smiley Happy

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
lebem
Punch Card
Message 36 of 411

I'm trying really hard to be patient, but, I'm definitely starting to get antsy. At this point a, "We're having trouble and it's going to be a while," while bad news, would still feel better than no news.

JohnFH
Paper Tape
Message 37 of 411

Agreed, lebem. If it makes you feel better, I'm a former Droid Maxx who now owns a Droid Turbo, and I'm still waiting for Lollipop, too.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 38 of 411

Sorry that you are feeling antsy, but Motorola doesn't give out this information. You might find something from an engineer on Google+, but you won't see anything here unless it gets pushed out first.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 39 of 411

I think the good news is that Moto is rolling out Lollipop to other phones (Moto G, E, etc.). And they are pushing 5.0.2, so less bugs hopefully. That means they are making progress and our turn will happen eventually. I think that once we see the newer Droid Turbo get Lollipop, we will not be too long afterward. Just my personal speculation. But I am happy to see Moto make progress with some phones. I think they are doing much better than other manufacturers at pushing out updates.
~Scott
jdawg334
Punch Card
Message 40 of 411

Fwiw, it has been mentioned by an engineer on g+ last week that the 2013
moto x is progressing and news will be out soon of the update. No mention
of the 2013 droids so this is speculation but the x's hardware is similar
to the ultra/maxx so hopefully it would be soon also.