Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flyinbrian
Token Ring
Views: 838
Message 51 of 411

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

So an older Motorola phone is getting 5.something now, do we have any new info on our possible update?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 52 of 411

flyinbrian said:

So an older Motorola phone is getting 5.something now, do we have any new info on our possible update?View original

Motorola doesn't issue any info on updates. There are plenty of rumors if you want to read about it. Nothing official though.

The only thing we do know is that phone is scheduled to get Lollipop. No time frames or updates though.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

flyinbrian
Token Ring
Message 53 of 411

Fair enough joelbon, I know how it works I was just hoping someone has some more information. I see the turbo is jumping straight to 5.1, maybe it will be possible for us to jump to 5.1 when the time comes too? Just thinking out loud.
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 54 of 411

I know that the Moto software team probably does not read these posts often, and it may be too late, but I have a request for the software folks.  Whenever we do get Lollipop 5.X, is there any way to make the stock Messaging and E Mail apps more Android Wear compatible.  On my Maxx using those stock apps, I can't reply to texts and can't reply to e-mails or delete.  The only options are swipe to dismiss or Open On Phone.  The G Mail app has Delete and Reply options on AW watches and those are handy sometimes.  I know that the Reply and Delete options are available in AW on other phone's stock Messaging and E Mail apps, so I would not think it would be too hard to make ours more compatible also.  I know there are Play Store apps that do have these options (I tried Blue Mail for a while and it has Reply and Delete options for new messages) and I know that you can sync other accounts with the G Mail app.  One of the great things about Android is all the choices we have.  Personally, I really like the stock E mail app on the Maxx and would like to see it and Messaging have a little more AW compatibility.  It's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen, but if the software team sees this, try to help us out please.  smiley

~Scott
navjot11
What's DOS?
Message 55 of 411

Will I ever get to see lollipop on my droid ultra? Smiley Sad
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 56 of 411

navjot said:

Will I ever get to see lollipop on my droid ultra? Smiley SadView original

yes

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

tacogato
What's DOS?
Message 57 of 411

So. Can we just be honest here. This is never going to happen, right? This is just Motorola failing to live up to its promise again?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 58 of 411

tacogato said:

So. Can we just be honest here. This is never going to happen, right? This is just Motorola failing to live up to its promise again?

View original

Yes we can be honest here. It WILL happen when it happens. Motorola will update this phone when they have it ready. They haven't failed to live up to any promise. The promise will be kept when the update is ready. I hope that helps.

tacogato
What's DOS?
Message 59 of 411

joelbon said:

Yes we can be honest here. It WILL happen when it happens. Motorola will update this phone when they have it ready. They haven't failed to live up to any promise. The promise will be kept when the update is ready. I hope that helps.

View original

I know you're just trying to be nice and do your job, but nine months without an update and this forum post beginning last year, you can see where I would be quite the skeptic. Saying "it will happen when it happens" is exactly the same as saying "it won't happen when it doesn't." And that's been exactly the situation for nearly a year. Sorry to say, but this is the sort of thing that tanks trust and loses customers (or at the very least, this one). 

djspy
Token Ring
Message 60 of 411

Motorola said they were having problems with lollipop and their X-8 computing system. That's the reason for the delay. They also just recently said that they were going to scrap updating to 5.0.2 and go straight to 5.1. I'm guessing that'll be last update the 2013 models get, so they want to make sure it's the absolute best ROM they can push out.