Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tacogato
What's DOS?
Views: 603
Message 61 of 411

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

djspy said:

Motorola said they were having problems with lollipop and their X-8 computing system. That's the reason for the delay. They also just recently said that they were going to scrap updating to 5.0.2 and go straight to 5.1. I'm guessing that'll be last update the 2013 models get, so they want to make sure it's the absolute best ROM they can push out.View original

And in what way is this line of reasoning different from what was said about the Atrix? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 62 of 411

tacogato said:

joelbon said:

Yes we can be honest here. It WILL happen when it happens. Motorola will update this phone when they have it ready. They haven't failed to live up to any promise. The promise will be kept when the update is ready. I hope that helps.

View original

I know you're just trying to be nice and do your job, but nine months without an update and this forum post beginning last year, you can see where I would be quite the skeptic. Saying "it will happen when it happens" is exactly the same as saying "it won't happen when it doesn't." And that's been exactly the situation for nearly a year. Sorry to say, but this is the sort of thing that tanks trust and loses customers (or at the very least, this one). 

View original

Well, we can agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that. There is no evidence that they have given up on the update. I am not talking about rumors on the Internet either. 

I know I am right, so, for me, that is all that matters. I am not going to try to convince anyone. It just can't be done. It will be a wonderful surprise for you!

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

lewwill
802.11n
Message 63 of 411

We will get 5.xxx when they get the bugs worked out.  Since the latest G+ update appears to have fixed the "contacts not responding" issue laugh my Maxx is working great.  My wife has a solid build of 5.0 on her Moto X 2nd gen so it will come and keep the Maxx among the top phones out there. The voice control and commands are amazing.

unkilbeeg
Punch Card
Message 64 of 411

My Maxx is still working great.  The best phone I've ever had.  Rocking Jelly Bean since 2013. 

I've got Lollipop on my Nexus 7.

Jelly Bean is so much nicer.

djspy
Token Ring
Message 65 of 411

You haven't updated to KitKat?
Andru1265
What's DOS?
Message 66 of 411

Когда мой дроид макс увидит 5. У моей жены айфон 5с с нового года у же 3 обновления. А у нас ни одного. Обидно за марку.

unkilbeeg
Punch Card
Message 67 of 411

djspy said:

You haven't updated to KitKat?View original

Every day, my phone asks me to update.  Every day, I say, No way in heck. Or words to that effect.  It replies, I'll ask you again in 23 hours 58 minutes.  And it does.

tacogato
What's DOS?
Message 68 of 411

Please note that as of this writing it has been 306 days since Lollipop was announced. Please also note that the Droid Maxx/Ultra has been available for purchase for 615 days. This means in one week, the Droid Maxx will have spent over half of its lifetime not being updated.

Motorola has failed the customers that had the most faith in them. 

unkilbeeg
Punch Card
Message 69 of 411

Tell me again why you want it?

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2871662/broken-lollipop-android-50.html

When I look at the lists of "improvements" that Lollipop brings, the only ones that sound compelling are the ones that were introduced by Moto with the Maxx and the first Moto X.  That means everything good that Lollipop brings to the party I already have. 

All indications from reviews and my experience on my Nexus 7 is that Lollipop is one of the buggiest Android versions ever to see light of day.  Maybe they've fixed all those in 5.1.  Maybe not.  But I'd really rather let someone else take one for the team, thank you very much.

Plus I happen to think that the "beautiful" Material Design that everyone seems to think so highly of is actually kind of fugly.  But that's just me.  de gustibus

tacogato
What's DOS?
Message 70 of 411

unkilbeeg said:

Tell me again why you want it?

View original

Think about what you're saying. Either it's an insignificant update that doesn't bring many improvements to the table and therefore it should be trivial to implement or it is an important update and Motorola's 11 month foot drag is taxing. No matter how you cut it, this whole situation has been poorly handled.