Punch Card
Views: 604
Message 71 of 411

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

tacogato said:

unkilbeeg said:

Tell me again why you want it?

View original

Think about what you're saying. Either it's an insignificant update that doesn't bring many improvements to the table and therefore it should be trivial to implement or it is an important update and Motorola's 11 month foot drag is taxing. No matter how you cut it, this whole situation has been poorly handled.

View original

You missed one.  It's a major update that was not so much poorly implemented, but rather was poorly designed.  You're making the (unwarranted) assumption that update==upgrade.  It brings *lots* of changes to the table, but how many of those are *improvements*? 

So.  Big, complicated update that is difficult to implement, and one which we would all be better off if it were *not* implemented.  Some people are reasonably suggesting that it should take as long as it takes to get it right.  Fair enough.  Personally, after looking 5.x over on other hardware, I'm convinced that the only way to get it right would be to scuttle it -- not because it's badly implemented, but because it's badly designed.

But, as usual, lots of moaning and groaning on these forums about how long it's taking to get this bad update out, followed (eventually) by lots of moaning and groaning about what a bad update it was.  I've been on these forums a while.  Seen it before.

SnoDrtRider
Fanfold Paper
Message 72 of 411

It is obvious that the delay in updates to the DROID lineup is not Motorolas fault but mainly do to Verizon. The people who bought the TURBO must be steaming by now. As I was going to do when I went from my Droid Razr to the Maxx I will wait until all of my contract commitments with Verizon expire and buy an unlocked phone off contract so I can get updates in a timely manner.

Andru1265
What's DOS?
Message 73 of 411

In one forum it had information that Verizon can not update the droid and maxx on ultra lolipop5.1. According to the terms,it is quite likely.

along541
Punch Card
Message 74 of 411

How is that possible a company thats giving HTC one m7 and Gs4 lollipop which is about same time the maxx came out so we should get lollipop
Andru1265
What's DOS?
Message 75 of 411

But it was when Verizon refused update is Motorola

jdawg334
Punch Card
Message 76 of 411

Verizon is still selling this phone or was about a month ago rt beside the
turbo so I'd be surprised if we didn't get lollipop update and would think
it would be 5.1 like the 2013 moto x. The turbo hasn't got the update
either so we're no farther behind than they are.
Andru1265
What's DOS?
Message 77 of 411

Turbo certainly receive. I also hope to get a lolipop. Although bought a Moto x2014 5.0.2. on the way very much. but still prefer the droid maxx 

Andru1265
What's DOS?
Message 78 of 411

That ends up in May and 5.1 firmware is not. Verizon does not know anything ??? A Motorola write "forward support partner." So where to look for the truth ???
Orlanzo
Paper Tape
Message 79 of 411

This is a non-issue for me.  Despite a drop in battery life that's been isolated to a business mobility app, 5.0 isn't fixing any known issue for me.  I can wait knowing it's on its way.

jaifuss
Paper Tape
Message 80 of 411

Turbo is still waiting for 5.1. In a recent Google+ post by a Verizon Test Engineer, he stated maybe mid June for the Turbo. He also have reasons for the delay. I believe DroidLife has an article about the post, which has since been deleted.