Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andru1265
What's DOS?
Views: 697
Message 81 of 411

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

Here`s an update on 5.1. and  then what it means "According to Verizon`s support alerts for DROID Ultra\Maxx and DROID Mini, software version 24.13.2.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 82 of 411

Andru1265 said:

Here`s an update on 5.1. and  then what it means "According to Verizon`s support alerts for DROID Ultra\Maxx and DROID Mini, software version 24.13.2.

View original

I don't understand what you are saying or you mean. Sorry, sometimes I can be a little dense. lol

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Andru1265
What's DOS?
Message 83 of 411

I did not understand? Either that, or just the latest update, we wait 5.1. I like my droid maxx and more like that it was not lower than the android 5.1. I liked the android 5.0.2 on Moto X 2014.

jignesh5
What's DOS?
Message 84 of 411

For those waiting for "all" the bug fixes for Lollipop -- Wait for Android M now --  One of the quote from Android M Release.

"  "We've really focused on polish and quality, we've literally solved thousands of bugs." "

LOL

lewwill
802.11n
Message 85 of 411

I haven't posted much lately because I don't want to get into a "where's the update" discussion.  My Droid Maxx contract on VZ is up in August and it is running smooth and mostly trouble free on KK 4.4.4.  I don't want the Nexux 6, too big.  I like the Turbo but it is really not a big step up from the Maxx and by the time my contract is up or shortly thereafter something new will be coming out, hopefully from Moto which I prefer.  I'll stick with the Maxx for a while.  It is IMHO one of the best phones Moto has produced along with the Moto X 2nd gen.  Just for curiosity's sake, I would like to know what has been the problem with Lollipop.  Lots of rumors but nothing from a solid source.  

I mean this only in a positive way.  I would like to suggest Andru1265 get someone to proof read and edit his posts.  I feel he has something useful to say but is mostly not understandable.  Maybe some good voice recognition software would help.  I guess i'm a little dense also.  Good to see so many still here.  

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 86 of 411

The problems with Lollipop depend upon to whom you speak.   ;-)

I haven't had a problem with it on my X2, but the experience isn't uniform.  People talk about memory leaks causing lag and app crashes, but I haven't experienced that.  Lollipop on my 2012 Nexus 7 has been a very different story.  When you look at the version history, Lollipop launched with some serious bugs that crippled older Nexus devices, leading to the immediate release of 5.0.1 and 5.0.2.  Some other devices were affected as well.  For this reason. when Google released 5.1, Motorola abandoned its development on 5.0.2 and began work on 5.1.  Now it's at 5.1.1, and that has helped my Nexus 7 marginally.  My X2 is still on 5.0 and humming right along.

About the rest of the comment, though, I disagree.  In fact, I'm quite amazed that the global reach of Motorola has brought together people from so many different countries who do, sometimes with a bit of back & forth, manage to communicate clearly with each other.  I applaud people who have the courage to even attempt to communicate in a second language, because I know I would fail were I required to get help in a language other than English.  IMHO, there's also a spontaneity and social aspect to this forum that would make a language check cumbersome.

There are some good rumors on the web about Motorola's upcoming lineup that sound fabulous.  And my contract is up in October or November, so I'm starting to get very excited!

lewwill
802.11n
Message 87 of 411

My wife has a Moto X2 and it is fine on 5.0.

tacogato
What's DOS?
Message 88 of 411

Take this as you will, but I've just had a phone conversation with a Motorola representative saying that this update is essentially never going to happen. It's not coming out in June and they have no plans laid out for July. Hope you're all satisfied with Kit Kat. It's all we're ever going to see.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 89 of 411

tacogato said:

Take this as you will, but I've just had a phone conversation with a Motorola representative saying that this update is essentially never going to happen. It's not coming out in June and they have no plans laid out for July. Hope you're all satisfied with Kit Kat. It's all we're ever going to see.

View original

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Moto rep was probably mistaken, and maybe does not have access to that kind of information.  As long as the official update page says that our phone will be updates, that's the only truth we can go by.  Personally, I would not be overly disappointed if my phone stayed on 4.4.4...it is pretty much flawless right now.  The best Droid phone I have owned, in my opinion.  I would love to see Lollipop, but can patiently wait.  I'm pretty sure we will see it, but not until after the Turbo does.  Until the Turbo has Lollipop, I am guessing that we are not even "on the radar".

~Scott
along541
Punch Card
Message 90 of 411

We are getting lollipop just not for a little while is all and when they do release it I hope its smaller than the one on galaxy s4 I don't want it to take up that much space especially because I have a 16gb