Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
appletonpunk
What's DOS?
Views: 338
Message 11 of 20

Re: Please answer moto

So its been a month and nothing from moto. Safe to say the update is probably dead. Luckily I unlock the bootloader and rooted my maxx. I'll just upgrade my phone my self like every other moto phone I've owned. Maybe I'll go nexus next time to stay updated.
Drusafa
Token Ring
Message 12 of 20

I will be getting a new phone around March. Unfortunately Motorola won't be a choice. I think it is the lack of communication that irks me the most. A simple "We're working on it." or "It is not going to happen.", but being ignored is the worst. Why even have a forum? Really over a year of being ignored? Not good PR Motorola. I have had Motorola devices since the 90's. I just saw my old starTAC (20 years ago) in a bag in the closet and laughed. Still have a Motorola pager somewhere. I have had a few other brands over the years but always went back to Motorola for superior sound and radio quality. So it has been a long run. I had the droid bionic before this and there was a fiasco with the updates that turned me off then. Here we go again. Plus the updates on the droid maxx were shady at best. The one update caused the home button to react funny and always take you to the middle home screen. That took over a half a year to fix. Just too long when I paid a hefty price for this piece of hardware. Now the silent treatment again. I wanted to believe that there may have been other factors involved, but after over 54 weeks of silence and inactivity there can be only one conclusion: Motorola dropped the ball. I have seen cheap low end phones get more attention than this expensive little maxx. frown

JHBaseball
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 20

You know because they promised an update and failed to deliver by law we can sue them for not delivering it
doogald
802.11n
Message 14 of 20

JHBaseball said:

You know because they promised an update and failed to deliver by law we can sue them for not delivering it

1. Nobody ever promised anything. (i.e., prove that anybody promised an update)

2. Good luck with that. 

Drusafa
Token Ring
Views: 337
Message 15 of 20

JHBaseball said:

You know because they promised an update and failed to deliver by law we can sue them for not delivering itView original

There is a disclaimer clearly printed on the update page. This being said, it is still poor customer relations to not to have followed through with the update. Especially on one of there high end flagship phones. Yes it is over two years old now, but if the updates were on time this phone would have clearly fell well within the support time frame. Arguably it also falls within the time frame of Marshmallow update as well, seeing how the phone was still being sold under two year contracts. Either way, Lollipop on the Droid Maxx was clearly a blunder for Motorola. I really hope Moto/Lenovo can get it together moving forward. Failures like this equate to loss of smartphone market share in a very competitive market.

Administrator
Administrator
Message 16 of 20

They will not. See here.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Arcomador
Paper Tape
Message 17 of 20

About time a response from moto.... Still disappointing and the offer for a discounted phone is laughable. They should let us unlock the handset's bootloader considering they have officially dropped support. Anyways this will be the one and only moto product for me..., the bad customer experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. Anywhoo, farewell fellow customers/support managers.
JohnFH
Paper Tape
Message 18 of 20

I had the Droid Maxx last year.  I'm sorry to see current Maxx, Ultra, & Mini owners being left behind.  I know the feeling, as my carrier Moto X 2014 was cut off as well. I switched to a different OEM's flagship and I couldn't be happier with it.  I'll always remember the real Motorola of the past, not this current empty shell of a company. I wonder how many people will be left in the Motorola Feedback Network a year from now.

Dave-23
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 20

Done with moto..

ah42
HDMI
Message 20 of 20

Lenovo should be ashamed of themselves. Motorola was on the right track - near-stock Android and fast updates. Ever since Lenovo took over it's been delays upon delays, and now completely cancelling this update that was promised to consumers. Yes, this phone was on Motorola's official list to receive Lollipop. I absolutely love the Moto additions to Android, but lack of updates is very upsetting and is making me consider other manufacturers.