02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Views: 59288
  • Message 11 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-23, 21:17 PM

harle83, if you are still checking in, I'd love to get more information from you. Please respond or PM me. Thanks!

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

34 Posts

08-24-2013

US

53 Signins

563 Page Views

• Views: 563
  • Message 12 of 79

2013-08-24, 1:11 AM

i had two pocket dialings today, touchless control has not been set up yet.  not needing help so much as giving quick feedback.  I have also unlocked the screen and found a bunch of apps running that i needed to back out of that i didn't remember opening ... I will keep an eye on it.

Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Message 13 of 79

2013-08-24, 3:25 AM

Darkroomdevil said:

i had two pocket dialings today, touchless control has not been set up yet.  not needing help so much as giving quick feedback.  I have also unlocked the screen and found a bunch of apps running that i needed to back out of that i didn't remember opening ... I will keep an eye on it.

View original

Darkroomdevil, thanks for posting. We didn't learn as much as we would have liked from the previous incident. Can I ask you a bunch of questions?

• Did you have a screen lock in place?

• Do you know if it was in place before it went into your pocket?

• What is the default set to for "Automatic screen lock?" (Settings > Security & Screen Lock)

• Were you using Bluetooth, and if so, which device? And if so, was it enabled as a trusted Bluetooth device?

• Any other details you can provide?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

34 Posts

08-24-2013

US

53 Signins

563 Page Views

• Message 14 of 79

2013-08-24, 5:19 AM

answer as best as i can - but i was in a hurry and paying real attention to what I was doing

screenlock - no .... no password set, just swipe to open

screen was offf when it went in my pocket

I don't see "Automatic screen lock" - probably because screenlock isn't being used?

Bluetooth is turned off

other details? no, but I will keep an eye on it

Side note:  Yesterday I set the time to 12 hours for am and pm instead of 24 hours.  Today I noticed it had reset itself to 24 hours, I set it back to 12 - we will see if it sticks

ok - i set the lockscreen to pin and now see the 'auto..." - set it to 5 seconds, we will see if it happens again :)

Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Message 15 of 79

2013-08-24, 17:34 PM

Darkroomdevil said:

ok - i set the lockscreen to pin and now see the 'auto..." - set it to 5 seconds, we will see if it happens again :)

View original

That's exactly what I was looking for -- thanks! 

Options

34 Posts

08-24-2013

US

53 Signins

563 Page Views

• Message 16 of 79

2013-08-25, 2:09 AM

I just noticed that after receiving a phone call, on hanging up the dialer dissappears, but the phone app / recent calls is open and needs to be closed.  This app open probably had something to do with pocket dialing ... I looked through the phone app settings and could not find a way to close the phone app automatically on hanging up.  When I am called and I hang up I don't need to see the list of recent calls anyway ;-)

So, possible culprit and suggestion all rolled into one :-)

Thanks!

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

US

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 17 of 79

2013-08-25, 2:29 AM

Darkroomdevil said:

I just noticed that after receiving a phone call, on hanging up the dialer dissappears, but the phone app / recent calls is open and needs to be closed.  This app open probably had something to do with pocket dialing ... I looked through the phone app settings and could not find a way to close the phone app automatically on hanging up.  When I am called and I hang up I don't need to see the list of recent calls anyway ;-)

Thanks!

View original

I have a Droid Razr (which makes me really envious of all of you) and its behavior is different, but in a way, worse: when a call ends it stays on the dialer screen.  On the other hand, I've never had a pocket dial in the almost two years I've had it.   I do usually hit Home when I'm done, though.  It's a habit I picked up from an old Samsung I had that was infamous for pocket dialing.  wink

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

US

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 18 of 79

2013-08-25, 3:57 AM

Darkroomdevil said:

Thanks!

View original

I have always hated this feature as well. There is no turning it off unless you get a replacement dialer app. I don't need a replacement dialer app, so I found an app that would return the phone to the home screen after a call. This app is called Not Call Log by Roger Lemmon Apps.

This app works beautifully. As soon as you hang up the phone it will immediately close the dialer and bring you to the Home screen. No worries about that pocket dialing anymore.

I do believe that the pro version will let you do both incoming and outgoing calls. The free version restricts one of those. Give the app a try and if it works than you can decide if you like it enough to buy it or not. I have owned this app for a couple of years now. I love it! Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Message 19 of 79

2013-08-26, 14:38 PM

Darkroomdevil said:

Side note:  Yesterday I set the time to 12 hours for am and pm instead of 24 hours.  Today I noticed it had reset itself to 24 hours, I set it back to 12 - we will see if it sticks

View original

Hi Devil. Just checking in to see if you've had any reoccurrence of the time flip or the pocket dialing.

Options

34 Posts

08-24-2013

US

53 Signins

563 Page Views

• Message 20 of 79

2013-08-26, 20:40 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

Darkroomdevil said:

View original

Hi Devil. Just checking in to see if you've had any reoccurrence of the time flip or the pocket dialing.

View original

Yesterday I took it off of lock to see what would happen and I got one pocket dial while driving.  The phone buzzed and made noise - from a notification I beleive ... I was driving so I left it in my pocket, a few minutes later I hear 'if you would like to make a call .." ....I pulled out the phone and I had been calling my daughter for the last 3 plus minutes.

The only thing I can guess is that the phone woke and unlocked itself and selected the contact shortcut to my daughter I have on the home screen and then dialed - quick enough processor to do all of that in the time that the phone was 'announcing' and vibrating.  Later I was with my daughter and tried to replicate my phone doing stuff on it's own when it vibrates / rings while I was moving around and it was in my pocket (messages and calls from her phone), and I could not replicate (why I didn't get all exciteed and rush to this forum to report) :-)

So there you go, sorry I couldn't be more help!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete