Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID ULTRA & ULTRA MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

34 Posts

08-24-2013

US

53 Signins

563 Page Views

  • Posts: 34
  • Registered: ‎08-24-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 563
  • Message 21 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-26, 20:41 PM


joelbon said:


I have always hated this feature as well. There is no turning it off unless you get a replacement dialer app. I don't need a replacement dialer app, so I found an app that would return the phone to the home screen after a call. This app is called Not Call Log by Roger Lemmon Apps.



This app works beautifully. As soon as you hang up the phone it will immediately close the dialer and bring you to the Home screen. No worries about that pocket dialing anymore.



I do believe that the pro version will let you do both incoming and outgoing calls. The free version restricts one of those. Give the app a try and if it works than you can decide if you like it enough to buy it or not. I have owned this app for a couple of years now. I love it! Hope this helps.


View original


Thanks!  I will check it out

Reply
Options

19377 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2392 Signins

59443 Page Views

  • Posts: 19377
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 59443
  • Message 22 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-26, 22:51 PM


Darkroomdevil said:



Hi Devil. Just checking in to see if you've had any reoccurrence of the time flip or the pocket dialing.


View original




Yesterday I took it off of lock to see what would happen and I got one pocket dial while driving.  The phone buzzed and made noise - from a notification I beleive ... I was driving so I left it in my pocket, a few minutes later I hear 'if you would like to make a call .." ....I pulled out the phone and I had been calling my daughter for the last 3 plus minutes.



The only thing I can guess is that the phone woke and unlocked itself and selected the contact shortcut to my daughter I have on the home screen and then dialed - quick enough processor to do all of that in the time that the phone was 'announcing' and vibrating.  Later I was with my daughter and tried to replicate my phone doing stuff on it's own when it vibrates / rings while I was moving around and it was in my pocket (messages and calls from her phone), and I could not replicate (why I didn't get all exciteed and rush to this forum to report) :-)



So there you go, sorry I couldn't be more help!


View original


You are a lot of help -- just keep feeding us info! cool



What do you mean by saying that you took it off lock? And the phone shouldn't unlock itself, unless you are on a trusted Bluetooth connection in your car? Possible?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

34 Posts

08-24-2013

US

53 Signins

563 Page Views

  • Posts: 34
  • Registered: ‎08-24-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 563
  • Message 23 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-26, 22:57 PM


Matt (Forums Manager) said:


You are a lot of help -- just keep feeding us info! cool



What do you mean by saying that you took it off lock? And the phone shouldn't unlock itself, unless you are on a trusted Bluetooth connection in your car? Possible?


View original


Changed the lock screen from pin to slide

Reply
Options

43 Posts

06-03-2010

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

  • Posts: 43
  • Registered: ‎06-03-2010
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 10
  • Message 24 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-29, 23:18 PM


Matt (Forums Manager) said:


harle83, if you are still checking in, I'd love to get more information from you. Please respond or PM me. Thanks!


View original


Matt



I am back with a new Maxx! Got it yesterday from Verizon. So far it's working perfect. I have signed back up for MFN. What did you wish to ask me?

Reply
Options

19377 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2392 Signins

59443 Page Views

  • Posts: 19377
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 59443
  • Message 25 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-30, 14:43 PM


We wanted more of a chance to troubleshoot your pocket dialing, but I doubt that you would remember many of the specifics at this point. Let me know if it comes back, and welcome back.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

19377 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2392 Signins

59443 Page Views

  • Posts: 19377
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 59443
  • Message 26 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-30, 17:03 PM


harle83 said:



Matt (Forums Manager) said:


harle83, if you are still checking in, I'd love to get more information from you. Please respond or PM me. Thanks!


View original


Matt



I am back with a new Maxx! Got it yesterday from Verizon. So far it's working perfect. I have signed back up for MFN. What did you wish to ask me?


View original


Out of curiosity, why did you decide to come back to Maxx?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

43 Posts

06-03-2010

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

  • Posts: 43
  • Registered: ‎06-03-2010
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 10
  • Message 27 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-30, 17:20 PM


Matt,



To begin with the One was a huge compromise in my opinion. I mean it looked really nice but it was just junk. I had massive antenna issues that Verizon or HTC could solve. I got mtired of the dropped calls or missed calls and aftewr a week decided that enough was enough. I love the Maxx. The storage, the 5 inch sceen, touchless control. It's almost the perfect phone. Not to mention the battery which on the HTC was terrible. The bottom line is I really love Motorla phones. They are builot like tanks and have excellent call quality. The Droid Series is also very nice looking and built in wireless charging makes it even better. I was deeply disappointed with HTC and will not buy another one of their phones. My first Android was the OG Droid so I am parial to the brand. WIth Moto being owned by Google now I expect nothing but great things. THe Maxx is an excellent phone and I liked it enough that when I found one again I bought it. Frankly if this one has a problem I'll do it again. Hope the long explianation does it for you. Bottom line I like Motorola better. So I would rather stick with them.

Reply
Options

34 Posts

08-24-2013

US

53 Signins

563 Page Views

  • Posts: 34
  • Registered: ‎08-24-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 563
  • Message 28 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-30, 18:26 PM


Happened again ... As a test I had changed the lock screen back to the slide instead of the pin ...



I have been carefully clearing all recent apps from memory before I turn off the screen, and especially before it goes into my pocket.



This morning I put the phone in my pocket with all recent apps cleared ad the screen off.  When I got to my work I discovered that I had called my work and 3 other people starting 9 minutes previously .. this is the time it takes for me to drive to work so it started right when I put my phone in my pocket.  



I think I know what is happening ... I put my phone in my pocket top in first , screen facing my leg.  With that orientation and the slide lock going from the middle of the screen down it makes perfect sense that if I timed it when the notification flashed on that the action of putting the phone in my pocket could unlock the lock screen.  And then randomly anything can happen ... :)



In terms of apps popping into recent memory, in other words ... no apps in recent memory, phone rests and apps show up in recent memory ... I have watched that carefully and it has not happened, so I am comfortable that is not part of this situation.  I have carefully watched this and I have seen an open app not show up in the list of recent apps while it is open (makes sense), close the app and it still doesn't show up immediatly .. but click the recent apps button 20 seconds later and it is there .. so the app needs to go through closing steps before it actually shows up in the recent apps list.  Learning this I have double checked the recent apps list many times and consistently nothing materializes for me out of nowhere (uless of course it started up in my pocket).  But it hasn't happened while I have been watching for it sitting out and about with the screen off.



Now that I have pinpointed this - at least to my satisfaction - I will change the lock screen. probably to a pattern and then see if it styops happening. :)



Hope some of this is a help!

Reply
Options

19377 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2392 Signins

59443 Page Views

  • Posts: 19377
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 59443
  • Message 29 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-30, 20:32 PM


harle83 said:


Matt,



To begin with the One was a huge compromise in my opinion. I mean it looked really nice but it was just junk. I had massive antenna issues that Verizon or HTC could solve. I got mtired of the dropped calls or missed calls and aftewr a week decided that enough was enough. I love the Maxx. The storage, the 5 inch sceen, touchless control. It's almost the perfect phone. Not to mention the battery which on the HTC was terrible. The bottom line is I really love Motorla phones. They are builot like tanks and have excellent call quality. The Droid Series is also very nice looking and built in wireless charging makes it even better. I was deeply disappointed with HTC and will not buy another one of their phones. My first Android was the OG Droid so I am parial to the brand. WIth Moto being owned by Google now I expect nothing but great things. THe Maxx is an excellent phone and I liked it enough that when I found one again I bought it. Frankly if this one has a problem I'll do it again. Hope the long explianation does it for you. Bottom line I like Motorola better. So I would rather stick with them.


View original


I am delighted and hope you continue to love the Maxx!

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

19377 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2392 Signins

59443 Page Views

  • Posts: 19377
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 59443
  • Message 30 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-30, 20:36 PM


Darkroomdevil said:


Happened again ... As a test I had changed the lock screen back to the slide instead of the pin ...



I have been carefully clearing all recent apps from memory before I turn off the screen, and especially before it goes into my pocket.



This morning I put the phone in my pocket with all recent apps cleared ad the screen off.  When I got to my work I discovered that I had called my work and 3 other people starting 9 minutes previously .. this is the time it takes for me to drive to work so it started right when I put my phone in my pocket.  



I think I know what is happening ... I put my phone in my pocket top in first , screen facing my leg.  With that orientation and the slide lock going from the middle of the screen down it makes perfect sense that if I timed it when the notification flashed on that the action of putting the phone in my pocket could unlock the lock screen.  And then randomly anything can happen ... :)



In terms of apps popping into recent memory, in other words ... no apps in recent memory, phone rests and apps show up in recent memory ... I have watched that carefully and it has not happened, so I am comfortable that is not part of this situation.  I have carefully watched this and I have seen an open app not show up in the list of recent apps while it is open (makes sense), close the app and it still doesn't show up immediatly .. but click the recent apps button 20 seconds later and it is there .. so the app needs to go through closing steps before it actually shows up in the recent apps list.  Learning this I have double checked the recent apps list many times and consistently nothing materializes for me out of nowhere (uless of course it started up in my pocket).  But it hasn't happened while I have been watching for it sitting out and about with the screen off.



Now that I have pinpointed this - at least to my satisfaction - I will change the lock screen. probably to a pattern and then see if it styops happening. :)



Hope some of this is a help!


View original


I unlocked mine, put it on the contact list screen and put it in my pocket, screen facing my leg. No matter what I did, I couldn't get even one touch to register. Even deliberately pushing and slapping it against my leg did nothing. I went back to the home screen (with app icons) and the only thing I could do was open the history window, and that took the equivalent of running down the stairs with the phone in my pocket.



I wonder if there still isn't another explanation...

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete