US

53 Signins

563 Page Views

• Views: 563
  • Message 31 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-08-30, 20:59 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

I unlocked mine, put it on the contact list screen and put it in my pocket, screen facing my leg. No matter what I did, I couldn't get even one touch to register. Even deliberately pushing and slapping it against my leg did nothing. I went back to the home screen (with app icons) and the only thing I could do was open the history window, and that took the equivalent of running down the stairs with the phone in my pocket.

I wonder if there still isn't another explanation...

View original

I havn't been able to 'make it do it' either - totally when it is unexpected, then it happens ...

Are there any apps that anyone knows of that can record phone events?  I am not thinking logcat viewers/recorders as I looked at those for questions on my previous phone and they only seemed developer friendly.  But is there anything that can record the bigger picture for a layman to trouble shoot?

Thanks

Options

43 Posts

06-03-2010

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 32 of 79

2013-09-02, 17:19 PM

In the past 2 days I have had 2 interesting expreiences with my Maxx. The first on Sunday, my phone sent my wife's iPhone 4 randon very long text messagages. Just letters no sense to it at all. The phone was on slide to lock. So I changed it back to a pin, no more texts, yet. Today I had another pocket dial on my Maxx. In the Hardware Store I called her to find her so we could go. Found her before the 2nd ring and disconnected from the call. I just put the phone back in my pocket facing my leg. when we got out to the car and I switched on the bluetooth it had dialed customer service. I forgot to lock the phone like I normally do after a call. I think this may be the problem. You must lock your phone in order to prevent pocket dialing and have some form of security lock on to prevent it from waking up and doing weird things like texting or dialing. I have only had these problems when I did not do these things. Is it a hassle? YES Abosolutly. I think Moto need to look a little further into this and possibly issue a patch or software update. I f it's happing on the Droid line then it figures it would start to happen on the Moto X line. Afterall they have the same processors and software. 2 different phones from 2 different stores same results. Something is off the mark somewhere. I for one would like to know where and how to fix it without taking extra measures to prevent it from happening. Still gonna keep the phone. I like it and don't want another model.

Options

570 Posts

12-07-2011

US

732 Signins

6501 Page Views

• Views: 6501
  • Message 33 of 79

2013-09-02, 18:23 PM
Mine Keeps launching voice search when in my pocket while on slide. But as others have said if I have a pin or password set then no random pocket dials.
Brian Hardy
Options

677 Posts

12-04-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 34 of 79

2013-09-03, 7:19 AM
I think I may have solved the mystery of this problem. When we take our phones out of the pocket it turns on the display telling the time. When we put it back in our pockets we wrongly summer the display shuts off. Well it doesn't. Maybe in that short span of time we unlock the phone and start "pressing" things unwillingly. Or I could be wrong.
Options

19248 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2366 Signins

58417 Page Views

• Views: 58417
  • Message 35 of 79

2013-09-03, 18:58 PM

harle83 said:

In the past 2 days I have had 2 interesting expreiences with my Maxx. The first on Sunday, my phone sent my wife's iPhone 4 randon very long text messagages. Just letters no sense to it at all. The phone was on slide to lock. So I changed it back to a pin, no more texts, yet. Today I had another pocket dial on my Maxx. In the Hardware Store I called her to find her so we could go. Found her before the 2nd ring and disconnected from the call. I just put the phone back in my pocket facing my leg. when we got out to the car and I switched on the bluetooth it had dialed customer service. I forgot to lock the phone like I normally do after a call. I think this may be the problem. You must lock your phone in order to prevent pocket dialing and have some form of security lock on to prevent it from waking up and doing weird things like texting or dialing. I have only had these problems when I did not do these things. Is it a hassle? YES Abosolutly. I think Moto need to look a little further into this and possibly issue a patch or software update. I f it's happing on the Droid line then it figures it would start to happen on the Moto X line. Afterall they have the same processors and software. 2 different phones from 2 different stores same results. Something is off the mark somewhere. I for one would like to know where and how to fix it without taking extra measures to prevent it from happening. Still gonna keep the phone. I like it and don't want another model.

View original

Harle83, you said you turned BT on -- is it a trusted device? That's going to keep your device unlocked. 

I do think there are steps you can take:

• Have a shorter screen time-out. We recommend 30 seconds or less to preserve battery life. I go with a minute since 30 seconds drives me nuts.

• Use the option to lock the screen with power button.

That being said, I know the team is looking at this closely. Please check your PMs, harle83.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

43 Posts

06-03-2010

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 36 of 79

2013-09-08, 10:11 AM

Yesterday I had an app open in my pocket. My Ontrack Diabetes app opened and was typing random letters in the comments section. Just like when I had the 4 text messages Last Saturday. Now I do remember that I didn't push the lock button after the call I made to locck the phone but the pin was on and the screen had shut off before I put the phone back in my pocket. So I really don't know if it's related or not just thought I'd put it out there for the group to digest. This is the first time it's happened in over a week so I was a little shocked to see it again. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't lock the screen with the lock button and that's what caused it. No other problems since.

Options

1 Posts

04-28-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 37 of 79

2013-09-10, 8:37 AM

On my phone, Amazon MP3 or Goolge music will randomly come on, out of pocket or in pocket, sometimes just sitting on the desk, without touching the phone, even when the phone is locked (pin)

Options

19248 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2366 Signins

58417 Page Views

• Views: 58417
  • Message 38 of 79

2013-09-10, 14:44 PM

GPD704 said:

On my phone, Amazon MP3 or Goolge music will randomly come on, out of pocket or in pocket, sometimes just sitting on the desk, without touching the phone, even when the phone is locked (pin)

View original

You might want to start a new thread on this. I'd like to know more but don't want to hijack this thread.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

489 Posts

11-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 39 of 79

2013-09-11, 17:26 PM

happened to me today.- was BAD.  Was back in the maintenance shop at a customer and with the facilities guys turned on the new miley cyrus video and they were talking about her "******* a wrecking ball naked" - it called another of my customers.  Luckily it happened to call another maintenance sort  of guy so hopefully he will just laugh at the voice mail i left him....

anyway- just prior i was looking up a contact to make a speaker call with some of the shop guys. They weren't ready (watching miley cyrus and all)- so i just shut my phone off while on contact G's screen. I assumed when they were done i could pull it from my pocket unlock and then just hit the phone number to dial.

I turned the screen off. I have pin code set. with "power button instantly locks" checked.  Also set to "automatically lock immediately after sleep.

I too habituatlly put my phone in my pocket top down with screen to my leg.

Further info- while i was on contact G, G it called contact 23 contacts lower down (also starting with G but lower alphabetically). So some how i guess it scrolled down, then selected, then dialed.

it is certainly possible that i didn't fully depress the off button- so could be user error, but i'm pretty sure that i did- my habit is to turn it off and watch the screen go black.

I didn't check for any notifications when i pulled it from my pocket becasue i was busy freaking that it was leaving a voice mail about miley cyrus' naked rear....

Options

391 Posts

06-23-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 40 of 79

2013-09-11, 18:10 PM

I've had my phone come back to life after I thought I had turned it off too.

I'm thinking the problem is with the active notifications (including the display of the time and lock icon when you first pick up the phone). If that's displayed on the screen when you put it in your pocket, it will unlock the phone if you put the top end of the phone first into your pocket.  I think there might be an issue with when active notifications pops up.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete