11-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 41 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-11, 23:22 PM

My habbit is top down as some phones ago i had an app that 'pocket detected' if i did it that way.

But i think I'm going to retrain my self to do bottom down becasue of the active notification.  

Options

20 Posts

01-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 42 of 79

2013-09-14, 14:54 PM

Until Motorola fixes this, the simplest solution I have found is to turn off active notifications. I know you are disabling an important feature on the phone, but it fixes a major problem. I've experienced pocket dialing, multiple text messages to different people with random characters in the messages (they were all drafts and never sent) and even the camera turning on by itself.  Setting a lock works too, but I think I don't want that. I may re-visit that idea because that goes away in the car and it isn't that inconvenient. For the moment I can't help but show off the phone by asking Google Now what's the weather and have it respond from my pocket the temperature and conditions. That doesn't work with a lock.  

Options

43 Posts

06-03-2010

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 43 of 79

2013-09-16, 22:42 PM

This weekend brought  2 more pocket dials. It's been fall like here in the Chicago area so I am wearing jeans again. Both times it happened in the car after I made a phone call using Ford Sync. I could actually hear the phone pushing buttons as I drove but was unable to pull the phone out of my pocket it to stop it. Called customer service again. the second time it got on the internet. The phone went to some random sight that I have never been too. Now my jeans are a little tighter than my shorts but still pretty loose. I tink that the Sync command that wakes up the phone in the car doesn't allow it lock back up afterwards. I am not using a pin right now, just press power to instantly lock the phone. This was suggested by a Moto engineer I spoke with as a trial. Next week I will go back to a pin but no push to lock. I have a feeling the results will be the same. It seems to me that the only real way to stop this behavior is to shut off Active Notifications and that kinda defeats the purpose. Still going to keep experimenting with it but it is beginning to get frustrating. I really hope that a patch is done sooner than later because it's really annoying to have to pull your phone out of your pocket to stop this random behavior. Has happened a couple of times while walking the dog as well. I use a LG headset for listening to music while I walk the dog. I wish I could figure out a pattern and find a way to interupt it. I know Moto is working on something but the wait is terrible. To be continued..........

Options

20 Posts

01-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 44 of 79

2013-09-16, 22:53 PM

I had something odd happen this weekend and I have AN turned off. The exact same thing happened two different times. First I was getting into my wife's car which has no bluetooth at all... never has. Within 30 seconds of me sitting down my phone started playing some really loud music in my pocket. Great speaker by the way Motorola!  Scared the heck out of me. We had dinner at a restaurant and then I got back in the car and within 60 seconds after turning the key and I was driving down the road, it started playing again. Can't explain that at all. When I got home I tried to reproduce it. I turned off the engine and then turned it back on. I even turned the engine off at a stop light. Nothing I did could reproduce it. I could explain it if the car had a bluetooth system I had attached to, but it doesn't. It's an 09 Hyundai Sonata GLS, which back then didn't come with bluetooth. Spooky

Options

45 Posts

01-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 45 of 79

2013-09-16, 23:29 PM

I was at work today, the phone was in my shirt pocket and i said hi to a co worker and it started dialing a random number. It did the same thing the other will sitting on the charging dock. I was talking to the wife and it just started up and dialed a number. I have found the voice activation nice while driving, but the waking up when i dont say "ok google now" a bit of a pain.

Options

19245 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2365 Signins

58392 Page Views

• Views: 58392
  • Message 46 of 79

2013-09-17, 14:39 PM

brkramer said:

I had something odd happen this weekend and I have AN turned off. The exact same thing happened two different times. First I was getting into my wife's car which has no bluetooth at all... never has. Within 30 seconds of me sitting down my phone started playing some really loud music in my pocket. Great speaker by the way Motorola!  Scared the heck out of me. We had dinner at a restaurant and then I got back in the car and within 60 seconds after turning the key and I was driving down the road, it started playing again. Can't explain that at all. When I got home I tried to reproduce it. I turned off the engine and then turned it back on. I even turned the engine off at a stop light. Nothing I did could reproduce it. I could explain it if the car had a bluetooth system I had attached to, but it doesn't. It's an 09 Hyundai Sonata GLS, which back then didn't come with bluetooth. Spooky

View original

I'm going to guess you have Assist enabled. Go into your app drawer > Assist > Driving > uncheck "Resume music play."

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

6 Posts

09-17-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 47 of 79

2013-09-17, 21:41 PM

This happens to me too. If I put my phone in my pocket (locked, of course) and walk around town, I'll hear weird sounds on my phone and when I check it, it's done opened tons of apps, texted several people, etc... I did not want to have to use a phone unlock pattern or password (due to the 'Ok Google Now' feature), but I had to do so in order to prevent this from happening. Now I've got to use the unlock pattern while I'm driving (unsafe) before 'Ok Google Now' completes my actions (rendering 'Ok Google Now' useless, which was a great feature which was a big deciding point when purchasing this phone). While we're on the subject of 'Ok Google Now', why not add a feature to the touchless controls to respond to a text other than 'I'm driving' and also have what you're sending read back to you and then if correct, tell it to send it (i.e. the 'Dragon' app which is available for free in 'Google Play'). As of now, you have to touch the phone to tell it to send any kind of message. My idea is to have a completely 100% touch-free phone while I'm driving, which wouldn't take much more programming (maybe in a new update?).

Options

20 Posts

01-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 48 of 79

2013-09-17, 23:29 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

I'm going to guess you have Assist enabled. Go into your app drawer > Assist > Driving > uncheck "Resume music play."

View original

Thanks so much Matt. That's a perfect explanation of what happened. Assist detected the acceleration of the vehicle and turned my music on. The reason I have never noticed it in my vehicle is that I have bluetooth which requires me to hit the AUX button on the radio in order to listen. I'm sure the phone has been playing music every time I accelerated in my vehicle, but I never noticed it because I rarely have AUX turned on. 

Options

19 Posts

07-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 49 of 79

2013-09-18, 21:09 PM

My phone (3 Razr Maxx devices in all--one died in the toilet, a new one died when my mom ran over my purse...don't ask, the 3rd is a CraigsList replacement) makes random phone calls. TYPICALLY when it does this, it might call the last person in the call list, but this weekend, I had it sitting on the console of my car and it dialed my mom...who evidently got a 5 minute earful of an argument between me and my sister. This was really wierd. It wasn't in a place where it was touched by ANYTHING.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 50 of 79

2013-09-18, 21:14 PM

yenelli said:

My phone (3 Razr Maxx devices in all--one died in the toilet, a new one died when my mom ran over my purse...don't ask, the 3rd is a CraigsList replacement) makes random phone calls. TYPICALLY when it does this, it might call the last person in the call list, but this weekend, I had it sitting on the console of my car and it dialed my mom...who evidently got a 5 minute earful of an argument between me and my sister. This was really wierd. It wasn't in a place where it was touched by ANYTHING.

View original

Do you use a screen protector?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete