Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID ULTRA & ULTRA MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

07-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 19
  • Registered: ‎07-14-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 51 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-18, 21:36 PM


No screen protector, just the rubbery shell/case protector.  I clean the screen my screen on my jeans so I can see. Didn't have hand lotion or food on it...it was just sitting there. Maybe the vibration of the console????



I may be a "piggie" user because the Synaptics touchpad of my laptop gets "weird on me" if it gets greasy (food, hand lotion).  I also learned from the grocery store lady that your fingers can't be wet when you use touch screens at checkout--it vexes the sensors. I figure that's true for the smart phone screens,as well. 

Reply
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

  • Posts: 13997
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 2684
  • Message 52 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-18, 23:02 PM
Greasy screens are not good. That means that something is on the screen,
and w the screens being so sensitive nowdays it is entirely possible that
the debris is being recognized as a "touch."
A good way to clean your screen is to wipe with a 2" piece of Clorox wipe.
If you follow that with a dry microfiber it will also help carry away
debris.
HTH.
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Reply
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

US

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

  • Posts: 12372
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 20947
  • Message 53 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-18, 23:12 PM


eaccents said:


Greasy screens are not good. That means that something is on the screen,
and w the screens being so sensitive nowdays it is entirely possible that
the debris is being recognized as a "touch."

A good way to clean your screen is to wipe with a 2" piece of Clorox wipe.
If you follow that with a dry microfiber it will also help carry away
debris.

HTH.

View original


Let me apologize in advance...but the bait is just to tasty to pass up.  Will it work if the piece is 3" ?  Or if  you use the whole thing with the excess scrunched in your palm?  I'm sooooo evil!  angel

Reply
Options

391 Posts

06-23-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 391
  • Registered: ‎06-23-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 54 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-18, 23:37 PM


From Motorola's own device manuals:



cleaning


To clean your mobile device, use only a dry soft cloth. Don’t use alcohol or other 


cleaning solutions.


 


If you search Google, you will find that using chemicals over time can and usually does remove the oleophobic ("anti-fingerprint") coating from the screen.


 


To see what the oleophobic coating does, clean your screen with a microfiber cloth and a plain piece of glass such as a mirror.


Run your fingers all over both and notice the difference between them.


 


FYI, dry microfiber cloths remove oil from the screen just as well as using some kind of cleaning solution.


(occasional use of alcohol wipes to help sterilize the screen is a different issue)
Reply
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

  • Posts: 13997
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 2684
  • Message 55 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-18, 23:41 PM


crystallet said:



eaccents said:


Greasy screens are not good. That means that something is on the screen,
and w the screens being so sensitive nowdays it is entirely possible that
the debris is being recognized as a "touch."

A good way to clean your screen is to wipe with a 2" piece of Clorox wipe.
If you follow that with a dry microfiber it will also help carry away
debris.

HTH.

View original


Let me apologize in advance...but the bait is just to tasty to pass up.  Will it work if the piece is 3" ?  Or if  you use the whole thing with the excess scrunched in your palm?  I'm sooooo evil!  angel


View original


LOL.  I'm too cheap to use the whole wipe...esp since I'm OCD about this and wipe the screen like every time I think I've gotten it dirty, or if someone else touched my device, or....well, you get the idea :)

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Reply
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

  • Posts: 13997
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 2684
  • Message 56 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-18, 23:44 PM


lss said:


From Motorola's own device manuals:



cleaning


To clean your mobile device, use only a dry soft cloth. Don’t use alcohol or other 


cleaning solutions.


 


If you search Google, you will find that using chemicals over time can and usually does remove the oleophobic ("anti-fingerprint") coating from the screen.


 


To see what the oleophobic coating does, clean your screen with a microfiber cloth and a plain piece of glass such as a mirror.


Run your fingers all over both and notice the difference between them.


 


FYI, dry microfiber cloths remove oil from the screen just as well as using some kind of cleaning solution.


(occasional use of alcohol wipes to help sterilize the screen is a different issue)

View original


Excellent tip!



Note:  I put a screen protector on every device as soon as I receive it, so I've never really experienced the oleophobic effect.  I highly recommend that users follow @iss's tip if your device is without a screen protector  :)

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Reply
Options

391 Posts

06-23-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 391
  • Registered: ‎06-23-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 57 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-18, 23:50 PM


eaccents said:




Excellent tip!



Note:  I put a screen protector on every device as soon as I receive it, so I've never really experienced the oleophobic effect.  I highly recommend that users follow @iss's tip if your device is without a screen protector  :)


View original


Thanks.



(FYI, it's LSS) wink

Reply
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

  • Posts: 13997
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 2684
  • Message 58 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-18, 23:54 PM


lss said:



eaccents said:




Excellent tip!



Note:  I put a screen protector on every device as soon as I receive it, so I've never really experienced the oleophobic effect.  I highly recommend that users follow @iss's tip if your device is without a screen protector  :)


View original


Thanks.



(FYI, it's LSS) wink


View original


Oops! blush  Noted--it won't happen again smiley

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Reply
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

US

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

  • Posts: 12372
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 20947
  • Message 59 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-19, 0:08 AM


LSS said:


From Motorola's own device manuals:



cleaning


To clean your mobile device, use only a dry soft cloth. Don’t use alcohol or other 


cleaning solutions.


 


If you search Google, you will find that using chemicals over time can and usually does remove the oleophobic ("anti-fingerprint") coating from the screen.


 


To see what the oleophobic coating does, clean your screen with a microfiber cloth and a plain piece of glass such as a mirror.


Run your fingers all over both and notice the difference between them.


 


FYI, dry microfiber cloths remove oil from the screen just as well as using some kind of cleaning solution.


(occasional use of alcohol wipes to help sterilize the screen is a different issue)

View original


Excellent information!  But "oleophobic" makes me want to say, "Butter"!  wink

Reply
Options

391 Posts

06-23-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 391
  • Registered: ‎06-23-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 60 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-19, 0:33 AM


crystallet said:



LSS said:


From Motorola's own device manuals:



cleaning


To clean your mobile device, use only a dry soft cloth. Don’t use alcohol or other 


cleaning solutions.


 


If you search Google, you will find that using chemicals over time can and usually does remove the oleophobic ("anti-fingerprint") coating from the screen.


 


To see what the oleophobic coating does, clean your screen with a microfiber cloth and a plain piece of glass such as a mirror.


Run your fingers all over both and notice the difference between them.


 


FYI, dry microfiber cloths remove oil from the screen just as well as using some kind of cleaning solution.


(occasional use of alcohol wipes to help sterilize the screen is a different issue)

View original


Excellent information!  But "oleophobic" makes me want to say, "Butter"!  wink




View original


No, Parkay!



(okay, now I'm dating myself for anybody that remembers the commercial.) surprise

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete