• Message 61 of 79

Re: Pocket Dialing Anyone??

2013-09-19, 0:49 AM

LSS said:

crystallet said:

LSS said:

From Motorola's own device manuals:

cleaning

To clean your mobile device, use only a dry soft cloth. Don’t use alcohol or other 

cleaning solutions.

If you search Google, you will find that using chemicals over time can and usually does remove the oleophobic ("anti-fingerprint") coating from the screen.

To see what the oleophobic coating does, clean your screen with a microfiber cloth and a plain piece of glass such as a mirror.

Run your fingers all over both and notice the difference between them.

FYI, dry microfiber cloths remove oil from the screen just as well as using some kind of cleaning solution.

(occasional use of alcohol wipes to help sterilize the screen is a different issue)

View original

Excellent information!  But "oleophobic" makes me want to say, "Butter"!  wink

View original

No, Parkay!

(okay, now I'm dating myself for anybody that remembers the commercial.)  surprise

View original

Well, obviously I do.  wink

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

US

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 62 of 79

2013-09-19, 1:52 AM

yenelli said:

My phone (3 Razr Maxx devices in all--one died in the toilet, a new one died when my mom ran over my purse...don't ask, the 3rd is a CraigsList replacement) makes random phone calls. TYPICALLY when it does this, it might call the last person in the call list, but this weekend, I had it sitting on the console of my car and it dialed my mom...who evidently got a 5 minute earful of an argument between me and my sister. This was really wierd. It wasn't in a place where it was touched by ANYTHING.

View original

Do you have a pin or pattern lock on your phone? The issues in this community are different from what might be going on with your phone, but they are certainly worth investigating.

Options

43 Posts

06-03-2010

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 63 of 79

2013-10-14, 21:34 PM

I am now back to using a pin and the push to lock. Seems to be working, although it is a major hassle. I went out and bought a G2 since it has tap to unlock and have had no issues with it. I am hopeful Moto will push out a update soon. The G2 is ok but I still prefer the Maxx to it. I am just switching phones weekly to see if anything develops.  I really miss usung my lock screen widgets on the Maxx. COme on Moto get with the program and push something out. Just because the tread had been quiet doesn't mean people aren't still having problems. THis has gone on since August, it should have been solved or at least soak tested by now.

Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Views: 59288
  • Message 64 of 79

2013-10-15, 14:51 PM

harle83 said:

Just because the tread had been quiet doesn't mean people aren't still having problems. 

View original

Actually, that's how we have been thinking about it. If we go a month without a comment like this, we do start to exhale a bit. But we were talking about this very thing yesterday, so it's not off the radar. It's just difficult to pinpoint the issue(s).

Yours seem to follow a pattern -- hang up a call, put phone in pocket, pocket activity ensues. Sometimes there is Bluetooth, sometimes there is not. What is confusing to me is how your screen is getting to the apps involved. At the end of a phone call, the Droid goes to the dialer screen. So there has to be a lot of pocket activity to get to the other apps.

I don't think I saw this asked/answered in a previous post -- what is your screen timeout set to? And are you using the stock launcher and dialer?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

43 Posts

06-03-2010

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 65 of 79

2013-10-15, 20:04 PM

Matt,

Stock everything. Non-rooted, never even tried to root. 2 minute time out, which is what I've always used on all my phones since the OG Droid. What pushed me into the G2 as a second phone was the Medlert app. I was out walking my German Shepard and it activated. Medlert called all my emergency contacts and I started getting calls wondering what was going on. Had to stop the app. Phone was just in my pocket, wearing shorts at the time with a bluetooth headset listening to my music as I walked. So I got the G2 because of it's similar feature with the knock on control. I then put the droid back into password protect as well as press on/off key to instantly lock. Since then I have not had any problems. I know having a password is good for security but there is reallly nothing on my phone that a bad guy could use. So it's a annoying hassle to open it everytime I want to use the phone and I really do miss using the lock screen widgets feature. So that's the current status. I will continue using both phones for now because I hope Motorola comes through with a patch. that's it for now , hope I answered your questions. I keep an eye on the forum to see if anyone else is popping up but like you said it has quieted down. People have either given up or are using the method I use to keep the phone in check. Perhaps I'm missing something, I don't really know anymore.

Options

110 Posts

03-15-2013

Cornelius, Oregon

4 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 66 of 79

2013-10-16, 5:50 AM

I faced the same troubles with my Droid MAXX. It was quite frustrating for me as well, but after going and performing a Factory Data Restart; my droid works perfectly. I have no more random front pocket calls. haha. Best of luck to ya man.

Options

34 Posts

08-24-2013

US

53 Signins

563 Page Views

• Views: 563
  • Message 67 of 79

2013-10-16, 6:20 AM
I had a pocket dial again last week, i think i forgot to clear recent apps becore turning off

Saturday i turned on the phone to turn off the ringer and many screens were open from both my todo app and my calendar. the todo app and calendar are both on a home screen as app shortcuts and on a calendar. widget that also includes to-dos. also a note widget was full of random words and giberish. To my knowledge I had cleared recent apps before turning off.

I am using Nova launcher.

Any logcat recorders that you folks could suggest? I would be happy to run one and send in the recording for the developers to look at when something happens.
Options

34 Posts

08-24-2013

US

53 Signins

563 Page Views

• Views: 563
  • Message 68 of 79

2013-10-17, 17:21 PM
just had twp apps open on their own. this morning i cleared all recent apps after using the phone. a couple hours later i answered a call, then drove to do an errand, then turned on my phone and found my todo and calendar apps open.
Options

4 Posts

09-26-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 69 of 79

2013-10-22, 23:08 PM

I frequently pull my Maxx out of my pocket and find the clock settings have been opened/changed.  Sometimes other apps are open instead, but 9 times out of 10 it is the clock settings.  Probably happened 40 times since I bought the phone in early Sept.  Ideas?  I wonder if I don't always remember to turn the phone off before slipping into the pocket.  My Droid Incredible automatically locked when put in the pocket.  Is there a setting on the Maxx?  Or an app?

LOVE this phone....got mom to get one too and she loves.  Talked another friend into getting one last night (her first smartphone).  Would love the camera update the x is getting.  Trust that is coming too?

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 70 of 79

2013-10-22, 23:20 PM
I like the power button immediately locks the phone option....
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete