Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThunderingTias
Blue Screen Again
Views: 655
Message 1 of 2

Security wipe

My phone was automatically wiped after a kid did not enter the pattern correctly 10 times.
I have reinstalled my apps and everything, but there are now major problems with it:
- Camera would not take pictures and crashes
- Gallery crashes when I try to access camera from gallery
- Screenshots are not captured and an error is shown "Couldn't capture screenshot"
- When I connect my phone to PC it is not accessible and PC lists it in unspecified devices

Model is Motorola Droid Maxx

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 630
Message 2 of 2

Re: Security wipe

@ThunderingTias wrote:

My phone was automatically wiped after a kid did not enter the pattern correctly 10 times.
I have reinstalled my apps and everything, but there are now major problems with it:
- Camera would not take pictures and crashes
- Gallery crashes when I try to access camera from gallery
- Screenshots are not captured and an error is shown "Couldn't capture screenshot"
- When I connect my phone to PC it is not accessible and PC lists it in unspecified devices

Model is Motorola Droid Maxx

Hi ThunderingTias,

Can you please make sure that all your apps are updated? If they are and the concern persists, test in safe mode. Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze, reset or run slow.

1. Press and hold the Power button until "Power off" appears then release.
2. Touch and hold Power off until the "Reboot to safe mode" prompt appears (approximately 1 second).
3. From the "Reboot to safe mode" prompt, tap OK to confirm. The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete. Upon reboot, "Safe mode" appears in the lower left of the screen.
4. With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support