Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sinthome
What's DOS?
Views: 326
Message 21 of 34

Re: USB Device Not Recognized - Maxx and Windows 7/8

Ok, I downloaded the software version from that post and followed all instructions and got to the last step and tried to select every listed driver name and they all failed to work.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 22 of 34

Can you try a different computer?

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

sinthome
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 34

Hmm.. I don't have access to any other laptop for at least a week or so. Doh.

I am about ready to give up, let me know if there are any other options. One other thing I already tried is to wipe the phone cache. No go.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 24 of 34

I am starting to think that this is a problem with the port. Without trying it on another computer we can't really tell for sure though. Let's wait til you can try it on another computer and work from there. Sound good?

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

sinthome
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 34

What about a Live-Boot USB stick with Linux?

sinthome
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 34

I am making a liveboot Ubuntu USB stick right now.. I will let you know if it works.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 27 of 34

That would be great. It doesn't matter what operating system. All we need to prove is whether or not the USB port on the phone is working or not. If this doesn't work than I would still suggest a different computer to just eliminate any possible connection to that particular computer. Thanks for all the testing.

sinthome
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 34

Well, I made a liveboot usb stick with the newest ubuntu on it. when I attach the phone, it begins charging but nothing happens on the laptop. From what I can determine something is indeed supposed to happen, it should be plug-and-play. Not sure how to test it any further than that, but I am guessing the usb port on the phone is malfunctioning. Any other thoughts? It is out of contract and out of warranty. Any ideas on what it would cost to fix? Thanks for hanging in there.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 29 of 34

When you say nothing happens on the laptop, you are saying that you don't see the phone listed under "my computer" or "devices"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-view-and-manage-your-devices-and-printers

You can also try this freeware that shows all devices connected via USB:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 30 of 34

At this point I would still suggest that you try connecting to a different computer. There is still a possibility that there is something wrong with the computer. Testing on another computer will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the problem lies with the phone. You can then call Motorola/carrier for repair/replacement.

Can you wait until you have access to another computer and try that? Let me know the results if you do. Thanks and hope this helps.