Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PhilDroidMaxx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,077
Message 1 of 13

Where is the forum for Droid Maxx?

I have a Droid Maxx.

I can't find any forums for this model. I see similar forums but not specifically for this model.

Considering this is the manufacturer's site, that seems strange.

Is the Droid Maxx considered a different model? 

BryantK
Paper Tape
Message 2 of 13

Re: Where is the forum for Droid Maxx?

Yeah, what's with that?  Do they not care about us?  It would seem so.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 13

~~~ Moved thread to better Forum ~~~

PhilDroidMaxx
Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 13

Strange I do not see the reply I thought I'd posted last night.
Well this is moved to the "razr" group, which may be better, but should not be confused with the Droid Maxx from what I can tell. I had the Razr HD , which shares the same model number as the Droid Razr & Razr Maxx (XT926),and got this Droid Maxx (XT1080) as replacement.

The confusing naming and retaining the same model number for two different sized phones is a major DERP.
Order a case for...WHICH model? What name?
Change the outer case to a different size? Change the model number. How hard is that?
sp3023
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 13

I see 115 ppl have gone to this thread to find answers about this phone but no answers from Motorola, what's that about? As far as I'm concerned this POS was an expensive paperweight.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 13

Okay.  This is the second time this thread has been moved and I'm pretty sure it's in the right place now.

The Droid Maxx is the big battery brother to the Droid Ultra, and it was felt that with the Razr Maxx, the names were really confusing (which they were and still are), so they called it the Ultra Maxx just to distinguish it.  Then nobody recognized it.   :-/

The home page for this community is here.  As you can see from the home page, there has been a lot of activity.

Sorry for the confusion.

PhilDroidMaxx
Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 13

sp3023 said:

I see 115 ppl have gone to this thread to find answers about this phone but no answers from Motorola, what's that about? As far as I'm concerned this POS was an expensive paperweight.

View original

What sort of problem are you having?

sp3023
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 13

PhilDroidMaxx - Since my daughter's purchase of this Droid Razr Maxx hd in May, I have not been able to connect to the internet without my wifi connection at home. That hasn't been a serious problem for me because I work at home and rarely go out of town. I have spent the last 3 days reading forum suggestions, having tech savvy friends look at phone, and have called carrier and Motorola trying to remedy this problem.

Do you think you could help me?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 13

sp3023 said:

PhilDroidMaxx - Since my daughter's purchase of this Droid Razr Maxx hd in May, I have not been able to connect to the internet without my wifi connection at home. That hasn't been a serious problem for me because I work at home and rarely go out of town. I have spent the last 3 days reading forum suggestions, having tech savvy friends look at phone, and have called carrier and Motorola trying to remedy this problem.

View original

I so hate to do this, but there is a dedicated community for the HD series and you'll find it here (and let me apologize for the fact that I can't make a clickable link on the device I'm using right now): https://forums.motorola.com/hives/c531700a0f/summary

Perhaps you could open a new thread there?  To continue the discussion here would bury the information so that other HD series users could never find it.

PhilDroidMaxx
Fanfold Paper
Message 10 of 13

sp3023 said:

View original

In truth it was my curiosity that made me ask - not the idea that i would be able to actually come up with any solution, and i appreciate that crystallet spoke up as well - thanks

I think it i'd been unable to get help from talking with the service provider & manufacturer I would take the phone in to a store if possible.