Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianhardy
802.11n
Views: 1,607
Message 1 of 24

missing calls

Anybody else missing calls. I've had several different people say that they've been trying to call me but my phone never rings nor do I show any missed calls. I'll get voice mails and the people that left them say it rings and rings then goes to voice mail and some times they call two or three times in a row before it ring's on my end.
Brian Hardy
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 24

Re: missing calls

Do you think it is the ringer that is the problem or that calls aren't getting to your device at all?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
brianhardy
802.11n
Message 3 of 24

Calls aren't getting to my device at all it's not the ringer or it would show missed calls
Brian Hardy
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 24

brianhardy said:

Calls aren't getting to my device at all it's not the ringer or it would show missed callsView original

Wondering if this is something that Verizon can help with?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
brianhardy
802.11n
Message 5 of 24

Maybe I so dislike dealing with them
Brian Hardy
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 24

brianhardy said:

Maybe I so dislike dealing with them

View original

I totally understand. Smiley Sad

Everytime I call the carrier, I spend at minimum an hour....sigh.  Accidental disconnects, explaining myself to every successive CS rep, or being told that *I* need to call a different number (why can't they transfer me?)...oh, the joy....

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 24

Have you tried anything to correct the issue? like simply just rebooting the phone? Or maybe a wipe cache partion? Or Clear all cache in the apps? 

Please try these and if you have tried anything else than let us know. HTH

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

hynfya
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 24

This actually just happened to me for the first time last night. Same symptoms, phone never even rang. Call log showed nothing either but my voicemail emailed me that I had a missed call.
brianhardy
802.11n
Message 9 of 24

Joel yep I've tried all of the above as I do these once a week just to keep thing's running smooth and I reboot my phone once or twice a day. Its a random occurance some times calls come straight through sometimes they don't.

Brian Hardy
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 24

brianhardy said:

Joel yep I've tried all of the above as I do these once a week just to keep thing's running smooth and I reboot my phone once or twice a day. Its a random occurance some times calls come straight through sometimes they don't.

View original

If the phone shows no record of the call, then this might be an issue where your device is sporadically connected to--or recognized by--the network.  The easiest thing to try is a new SIM.  Another thing is to double check the provisioning for your device by contacting VZN (yes, I know it's a chore...).