Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grandsport
Broadband 3G
Views: 791
Message 11 of 24

Re: missing calls

I had the same issue on my RAZR MAXX when I was having network dropping issues (*prior to the JB update). Would have voicemail, but no record of call. Didn't happen all of the time, but narrowed it down to my phone dropping the network connection. Live in a fringe area and hand off from 4G to 3G frequently occurred in certain areas of my house. The problem was that the handoff resulted in multiple drops of the network connection, some lasting for as long as 2-3 minutes. Even on Wifi, had same issue and I believe that is because calls come across the 3G connection. I could be wrong about that, but think that because if 3G only, cannot surf net and talk at same time. But if on 4G or Wifi, can do both.

Also - does this happen in multiple locations or just in a specific place (Home, certain parts of home, work, etc...). Would monitor your signal. If the phone has an alert you can set when you lose the network, it may help you identify if that is the issue.

As @eaccents indicated, a new SIM may be a good starting point. This did help mine some, but not completely.

*Only the update to JB completely resolved the issue.

brianhardy
802.11n
Message 12 of 24

It's still randomly happing I'll go by Verizon the next chance I get. It hasn't happened yet today but it happend twice yesterday.
Brian Hardy
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 13 of 24

brianhardy said:

It's still randomly happing I'll go by Verizon the next chance I get. It hasn't happened yet today but it happend twice yesterday.View original

Argh.  Please keep us posted and what VZN suggestions/does for you and whether or not they are able to resolve this issue for you.

Good luck!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
brianhardy
802.11n
Message 14 of 24

Matt any suggestions.
Brian Hardy
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 15 of 24

Almost sounds like your Ultra/MAXX needs the update that the Moto X just
received....
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
brianhardy
802.11n
Message 16 of 24

Anyone else having issues with receiving calls. My issue seems to be if I'm actively using the phone as in if I'm on the internet or YouTube g+ people will try to call and it won't ring or show an incoming call. People will have to call several times in a row for it to come through on my end. They say it rings a few times and goes to VM. They'll text me and say hey I'm trying to call. I've noticed if I'm not using the device calls come right through.
Brian Hardy
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 17 of 24

Any chance the phone is in sleep mode when this happens?  

brianhardy
802.11n
Message 18 of 24

Crystallet if you mean sleep mode as in moto assist it shouldn't be because I've got moto assist disabled. I didn't use it enough and after the last update for assist I got tired of it always asking me to turn on high accuracy so I disabled it. But it happens all hours of the day and only seems to happen when I'm using the phone for something.
Brian Hardy
djspy
Token Ring
Message 19 of 24

This may sound messed up but, it could be that they're using a service like Slydial to avoid talking to you and just leave you the voice mails.
brianhardy
802.11n
Message 20 of 24

What is slydial?
Brian Hardy