cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drcaveman
What's DOS?
Views: 120
Message 11 of 51

Re: Anybody having flicker issues with their Droid X screen?

That's what started my phone on the path to complete screen failure, a slight flicker on the bottom.  Followed by flickering and then eventually full screen failure.  Wont get my replacement phone until at least next week.

My advice is wipe the phone's memory now while you still have a useable screen, other wise you will wind up like me having to send a phone back to Motorola with all you personal data on it.

romi72
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 51

Thanks, I will do that.

Speedr117
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 51

romi72,

Can you try taking out the SD card and putting it back in and see if that fixes it for you? I'm worried that my "fix" is only temporary...

Thanks!

Joe

romi72
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 51

Sorry tried that already myself and they did that at the store but no still having issues.

howald10
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 51

I had the Droid...now I have the Droid X.

on the droid...I bought it from a friend.

Same thing happened to me...it was like somebody stabbed it with a knife.

then it slowly bled to death...the phone is now buried in my glovebox.

knockin' on wood with the new X !!

prophecy
Fanfold Paper
Message 16 of 51

I had my phone for a couple hours, went out to dinner with 3 friends, pulled out the Droid X to show them how awesome it was and the first thing that happens is a screen of gray and black lines! And of course someone else at the table had an iPhone 4 that worked perfectly.

Anyways, I ordered mine online from a third party, should I take it to a Verizon store still? Also, I can't reproduce it on demand either so will they be able to see it in the store?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 17 of 51

I don't know if Verizon will honor the warranty since you didn't buy it from them.  You may have to get the warranty work done right through Motorola.  Go here and than click on "Service My Product" on the left side of the screen.  Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

XFistsClenchedX
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 51

I've only noticed a flicker when playing with the camera function.  It wasn't a consistent flicker.

milnav1
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 51

There appears to be a rash of display problems with the first batch of Droid X's. I have a device and the display flickers- verizon said they didn't hear of it, but engadget has a link- lots of videos on you tube now.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 20 of 51

So, the flicker problem has been identified. A very small number of DROID X units have this flickering or banding display. It looks like a handful of devices shipped with it -- they are actually saying "less than one-tenth of one percent." We've resolved the issue and are continuing to ship Xs. If you have this flickering or banding display, contact Verizon Wireless for replacement.

Thanks to those of you who brought this to our attention. Sorry for the trouble!

• Edited -- best route for replacement is through Verizon for now.

Message was edited by: Matt (Forums Manager)

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!