cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romi72
What's DOS?
Views: 113
Message 31 of 51

Re: Anybody having flicker issues with their Droid X screen?

I agree with you.  Why wouldn't all of Verizon sales reps know the issue with the phones?  But I have to say "Michael" @ Verizon who sold me the phone went in and out of his way to get my replacement phone, I just picked up it up and activated it, hoping I don't have the same issue with this phone.  So sometimes it's just who you know and what they can do for you...so KUDOS to Michael...

Verizon and Motorola should make the customers dealing with this problem their priority and get them their replacement phones asap and showing a little gesture for the inconvenience always makes you look like the better guy.

War
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 51

I think you've had quite a different experience than others. I'm not going to bash Motorola, since I haven't had a chance to deal with them directly beyond the forums yet (as soon as I get an hour of personal time!), but both BestBuy and Verizon have done nothing but run me in circles over the issue. Telling someone to go get a refund and order another one isn't dealing with anything, that's them saying they don't care as long as they have your money, "so, just get to the back of the line" is how it comes across to me.  It's great that the problem is being acknowledged, the frustration seems mostly to be between two things: Not many people really know whats going on, the acknowledgment of the issue isn't highlighted here or at Verizon, it's in the general media, not where people usually go for answers to product issues.  There isn't inventory held back to deal with defects. It's cool that everyone wants to get this straightened out, but the replacements simply aren't on hand.  It also adds to the frustration that some people like yourself got treated to an easy and quick resolution, I'm happy for you, but I've still got a defective device.

romi72
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 51

Well let me just say that I was just as fraustrated as you were, and I didn't get an easy resolution, yes I got my phone and Michael did everything to get my phone replaced but I also bugged the heck out him everyday and letting him know I wasn't happy so I had to push to get him to push.

So I understand where you are coming from.

DCABuckeye
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 51

Have you called Motorola?  Doesn't sound like you have.  If you do (assuming you haven't) you might probably get the same response.  I wouldn't say that I was chosen for some special treatment.  I just called and explained the problem.  Have you done that as they have instructed?

prophecy
Fanfold Paper
Message 35 of 51

I'm on the phone with Motorola right now and confirming several times with the Supervisor that "Motorola does not replace phones, they only repair them". What's the deal, are you guys getting the replacements directly from Motorola or from Verizon?  I can't wait until August 3, this is ridiculous. Need a loaner phone or something.

romi72
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 51

No, I actually got a new phone from the Verizon store where I purchased it from.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 37 of 51

I don't want to appear jaded -- I too think the consumer experience can and should be better overall. A few direct -- and maybe overly practical -- responses.

1.     Verizon knows exactly who has a DroidX on their systems since activation.

VZW should have sent a text message out to all DroidX devices telling them if they had a problem to contact VZW for replacement

• I would call that both overkill and terrible business. Let's be frank about this -- we don't WANT to be on every tech site and newscast in America about this. For a small number of bad devices, we should scare and alarm tens of thousands of happy owners? This one is a non-starter for me.

2.      Motorola should have setup a direct DroidX hotline or website extension via the Verizon Website/stores (so that sales reps and public can read reviews of the device, a free flow user community etc- (without the fullness of this registered owner site). VZW sales staff did more harm than good in telling us that "no one else is reporting this" or to return it for a full refund and then reorder when its back in stock.

• Won't comment on our partner here, but it is a challenge to get this kind of information out to sales and call center agents. We get better all the time, but so does their workload. Our agent support hundreds of kinds of phones -- I couldn't do it. But point taken.

3.      Both VZW & Motorola should come up with some little token to express their understanding to the persons who experienced the problem- Maybe sending them a car charger, or something would work. I am not saying  want one, I am saying Moto/Vzw should be empathetic to the pain its users had.

• I understand this. Not sure I agree -- isn't an apology and a new device enough? But it's worth considering.

I think we could have done better, especially in making the exchange more of a sure thing. I appreciate the dialogue too!

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
prophecy
Fanfold Paper
Message 38 of 51

So I called Verizon and the girl was awesome and helpful (wish I got her name), she was going to order me a new phone AND try to find me a loaner if possible from a nearby store since the order wouldn't go out until August 3. But then as she was getting into it, we realized since I ordered it from www.wirefly.com, it was going to cause issues. So she told me to call Wirefly which I did and wirefly was pretty awesome too. At first he told me to send it in so they can look at it and try to repair it or whatever to which I said I can't wait that long and this is a known problem so I need a replacement. After a few minutes talking to the guy, he said we can send out a replacement if you put $250 down which will be returned after you send the old one back. So I said sure. The replacement is being sent out tomorrow (apparently they have stock, just hope it's not the same batch as my original one!) with overnight shipping and I already have a free return label they sent me in the original order. Unfortunately tomorrow is Friday so I won't get it until Monday, but that's better than August 3rd.

milnav1
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 51

Hi Matt,

Ok- fair point on the VZW text to all DroidX users. It would have been overkill.

Thanks for conceding that communication about potential device issues could be better done between partners and I concede that distribution of this type of information is not always going to be smooth.

On the apology/replacement phone being enough, I respectfully disagree. Think of the expense of the DroidX marketing effort - television, web and other media buys that happened before the release on 7/15. It worked, the hype prompted thousands to go on line and pre-order the phone. For those of us who had display issues, imagine the disappointment when the device failed to meet those expectations. Simply apologizing and replacing, which should not even be in question, doesn't bring back the hype to the affected users. By getting proactive and saying "please accept this xxxx as a small apology due to our mistake" goes a long way in making us feel ok about having to figure out who to call (Verizon or Motorola) and depending on who we work with, getting the issue resolved quickly (Begging for a device to be shipped out before 7/27 or 8/3 etc). Every day we wait, is another opportunity to look at EVO or Samsung Galaxy or HTC Incredible as alternatives. And as loyalists, Moto Droid is the one to beat.

bsulla
802.11n
Message 40 of 51

Disclaimer - I don't have this issue with my screen so feel free to tell me to shut my pie hole but based on on some of these responses one could be forgiven for concluding that this is the first time some folks have bought something that didn't work. Based on my limited life experience a replacement for a defective item is common practice. Replace a defective item purchased from Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Amazon, Buy.com, etc. You get a replacement and in the case of web based retailers a canned apology message when you fill out the on-line form but nothing else. About the only criticism I have is Verizon should have put some percentage of phones to the side to replace defective hardware for it's paying customers. No one who purchased a phone should have to go without for more than the transit time it takes for a replacement to leave Verizon and get to the customer. Or even better the time it takes one to drive to a Verizon store.