Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pegleg
What's DOS?
Views: 784
Message 1 of 7

Book Reader for X

Did a search and nothing turned up.  I need a good book reader that can also handle .chm format.  Had Aldiko but the thing is huge...tried Best Reader and it wouldn't open any of my books.  I get books from the library and have some in chm format.

Any suggestions?  Thanks

dequardo2
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 7

Re: Book Reader for X

Appbrain.com

bwanshoom
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

There are some available.

f38urry
WWAN
Message 4 of 7

From what I've seen, you probably shouldn't consider using a tiny cellphone screen for reading such files.  Sure, you can convert .chm to .pdf, etc.  But why try to read an encyclopedia through a keyhole?

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=chm%20reader&aq=0&aqi=g3g-c2&aql=f&oq=&pbx=1&fp=cd4bd38bf...

I love my Kindle, but it won't handle Compiled HTML files without some sort of prior conversion.  Reading the same book on my Droid X and my Kindle is no contest.  The tiny screen loses hands down.

pegleg
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for directing me to Google! What I was hoping for was feedback from

folks here regarding readers they have used.

Sent from my Droid X.

On Jan 30, 2011 6:21 AM, "bwanshoom" <

jodi5549
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Check out moon+ reader which is free and there is a moon+ reader pro in the market.I haven't used it much but seems like a pretty good reader with books for free.

evanpan
Paper Tape
Message 7 of 7

Hi, pegleg.

As for myself, I have seldom tried to convert .chm to .pdf. I wonder have you ever worked it out? Do I need another 3rd party manual toolkit? When it comes to PDF converting process, I have another question, I wonder have you ever tried to convert pdf to other image files before? As for myself, I am testing the related PDF to PNG converting, PDF to BMP converting , and PDF to JPG converting programs these days.  Do you have experience about it? I searched the internet and find this post. Hope it can offer little help.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/b23d536819/pdf-conversion/convert-pdf-image

I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,

Pan