Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkpepper2000
Punch Card
Views: 114
Message 1 of 4

Can not hear phone calls

I'm having an intermittent issue of having no sound on phone calls. The call will go through, but there is no audio. I restart will usually help the issue. I have alrady done a factory reset of the phone hoping to alleviate the problem but it still happened last night. Please let me know any suggestions.

brandons1
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can not hear phone calls

Have you tried switching to speaker phone when this happens? If so, where you then able to hear the caller? What about if you increase or decrease the volume of the speaker while in a call where your not able to hear?
dkpepper2000
Punch Card
Message 3 of 4

Yeah I have tried switching, it doesn't work. Also when this happens my ringtones don't work nor does my alarm and when I try to increase the ringer volume there is no beep that happens normally. When I try to play a song when this is happening, my music playr will give me an error say that it doesn't support this type of audio file. A reboot of the phone will fix it, but I'm wondering if there is a more pemanent fix to this problem.

woodslink
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

I noticed this problem a while back on my phone. The headset action intent keeps firing on and off with or without a headset.

I created my own app to alleviate the problem until a permanent fix is put in.

The app is on the Google Play market if you want to try it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix