Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matty032
Fanfold Paper
Views: 554
Message 11 of 18

Re: Cannot add Picasa account

I have something similar. I have my Picasa account setup. But, when I go to share photos to it, it says I need to create my google account, or sign in. Well, I am already signed in. But, I go ahead and try to login again, but then it says my network connection is not working.

feldydroid
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 18

I am having the same issue.  My Droid X running 2.1 hangs on the "Adding your Picasa account" progress bar and then times out.  My login credentials work just fine for Picasa.  Anyone come up with a fix?  

zbreeze02
802.11n
Message 13 of 18

Froyo 2.2 - Never tried to use Picasa from my phone when I was running 2.1, but yesterday I tried all day to set up an "My Accounts" and nothing worked.  So in desperation I downloaded 3D Gallery from the Market and it works like a charm.  Am able to upload photos to Picasa and open Picasa albums in 3D Gallery.  3D Gallery also has a bunch of upload options that the stock Gallery does not.

Now surprise of surprises!  Today I created a Picasa account on my Droid-X via "My Accounts" on the first try.  I have no proof, but I suspect that installing 3D Gallery and successfully connecting to my Picasa account had something to do with it.

I also did a factory reset yesterday after numerous problems; no audio on phone calls, browser hanging, etc., and finally power off/on hung repeatedly at the "M" logo and required a battery pull to boot the phone.  I could not create a Picasa account even after the factory reset with the stock apps.  Yet today all seems fine.  Go figure.

If you are having problems with Picasa or the stock Gallery program on your Droid-X, give 3D Gallery a try.

Aikiboy2k
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 18

There's an app called Picasa Tool on the market that works fine and lets your view/upload your pics to and from Picasa. Also, you can get around the upload bug mentioned earlier by making Picasa your default "Quick Upload" album in Gallery settings and just using Quick Upload.

I had those same issues in 2.1 and used the above workarounds, but now in 2.2 my Picasa upload works fine.

garank
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 18

I know this is an older thread, but I had this problem, saw this "unanswered" post and had to do some more digging.

Hopefully this will help anyone else in the future.  This fixes more than just creating a picasa account.  It allows you to check for updates and something else as well that I can't remember.

Credit for this fix goes to kaz on Droidforums.net

anyway goto...

Settings –> data manager –> data delivery –> social applications -> sync  over wifi -> set to OFF and pull the battery

If you are not on wifi, you have to disable this  or some things will never work.

michaelwrenn
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 18

To the OP - I ran into this exact same problem on my Atrix.  I thought it was an issue with the android program and my google email address having a dot (.).  I created a new account without a dot in the email address and tried to connect.  It worked.  I then deleted that account from the Atrix and attempted to connect to my main gmail account.  Loe and Behold - It Worked.  I can't explain it but hopefully this will help someone.

Michael

Southeast Texas, USA

Alekun
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 18

ohh.. is simple. This error is because google is not recognizing the device where you are connecting from (probably an issue with the motorola firmware not totally compatible with the google authentication protocols), so it will disable the login. 

As you said, it let me do it for the gmail, but didnt work for the youtube or picasa.

Some hours later when connecting to gmail I got a message (information bar in the browser) warning me about an unknown connection attempt to my account from an unknown device.

You follow the link and it will prompt you to recognize the device, and after that, voilà, you can log your picassa account from your phone!

don't need third party apps or nothing like that.

Hope this helps.

ALe

defyplususer
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 18

I had a Picasa account configured on my Motorola smartphone and I was using it regularly in the last year to upload pictures from the photo gallery. It didn't worked flawlessly (sometimes it failed quick uploading pictures), but it was usable as it is. Three days ago, it started happening to me too... I'm somehow baffled because, while looking for fixes online, I've seen people reporting the issue since 2010. My story is almost identical with Alekun's:

- I've started receiving "Picasa username or password incorrect" notifications (~1 per day);

- I've re-entered my working and verified password into the Picasa account configuration, but the phone kept telling me that it's incorrect;

- I've received an e-mail from Google telling me that they have detected and blocked a suspicious login from an IP address that I found that belonged to Motorola and I've confirmed for them that I recognize and allow this activity. (Unfortunately, unlike for Alekun, this didn't solve the problem for me.);

- I've seen online that someone said that removing and adding again the Picasa account from the device will solve the problem. So, I've successfully removed my previously working Picasa account from my phone, but now I can't add it anymore, because "username or password incorrect"...

WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG? I’m tired, I’m giving up for now…

--------------------------

EDITED on June 7: I've tried one more time to add my Picasa account, didn't work, got the Google message warning (but this time it was for a different IP address), I confirmed the access then tried again to add my Picasa account and IT WORKED!