Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lappir
What's DOS?
Views: 491
Message 11 of 17

Re: Cheap or defective Droid X buttons

So I pull my phone out of my pocket the other day. I see bright lights at the bottom. Two of the 4 buttons across the bottom of my Droid X have gone missing. No they were not in my pocket. Couldn't find on the ground, thought Oh well I have only had this phone for less than 6 months they will just replace it WRONG!!! They say it's "Physical Damage" and not covered by my extended service plan. I explain that I didn't damage the phone, the buttons fell out. Now I have to call Motorola directly. Wish me luck.So I pull my phone out of my pocket the other day. I see bright lights at the bottom. Two of the 4 buttons across the bottom of my Droid X have gone missing. No they were not in my pocket. Couldn't find on the ground, thought Oh well I have only had this phone for less than 6 months they will just replace it WRONG!!! They say it's "Physical Damage" and not covered by my extended service plan. I explain that I didn't damage the phone, the buttons fell out. Now I have to call Motorola directly. Wish me luck.

Just got off the phone with Motorola, also reporting "Physical Damage" and the phone is "No Longer Under Warranty". Even though I have only had this phone in my hands for less than 6 months. I was a Happy Droid X user since I got it a couple years ago. That was until October/November of last year it started having issues with the charge/usb cord. I was thinking that I would keep the phone for the long run until then. Thankfully when I took it to my local Verizon store they hooked me up with a replacement "no charge" great, I can use this phone for another couple years and then maybe move up to the 4G thing. Nope the buttons fall out for the return and search feature. The unit is still usable but not in a way it should. I thought about a stylis but it doesn't seem to work in any of the little holes. I don't want to "Physically Damage " it so I have stopped that thought . Anyone actually had their buttons fall out???? According to everyone I have spoke with so far."Haven't ever seen that!!!"

Thanks for any comments or suggestions 

Rod

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 12 of 17

I still have a Droid X and I have never seen or heard of this before. That is very strange.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 13 of 17

null

So I pull my phone out of my pocket the other day. I see bright lights at the bottom. Two of the 4 buttons across the bottom of my Droid X have gone missing. No they were not in my pocket. Couldn't find on the ground, thought Oh well I have only had this phone for less than 6 months they will just replace it WRONG!!! They say it's "Physical Damage" and not covered by my extended service plan. I explain that I didn't damage the phone, the buttons fell out. Now I have to call Motorola directly. Wish me luck.So I pull my phone out of my pocket the other day. I see bright lights at the bottom. Two of the 4 buttons across the bottom of my Droid X have gone missing. No they were not in my pocket. Couldn't find on the ground, thought Oh well I have only had this phone for less than 6 months they will just replace it WRONG!!! They say it's "Physical Damage" and not covered by my extended service plan. I explain that I didn't damage the phone, the buttons fell out. Now I have to call Motorola directly. Wish me luck.

Just got off the phone with Motorola, also reporting "Physical Damage" and the phone is "No Longer Under Warranty". Even though I have only had this phone in my hands for less than 6 months. I was a Happy Droid X user since I got it a couple years ago. That was until October/November of last year it started having issues with the charge/usb cord. I was thinking that I would keep the phone for the long run until then. Thankfully when I took it to my local Verizon store they hooked me up with a replacement "no charge" great, I can use this phone for another couple years and then maybe move up to the 4G thing. Nope the buttons fall out for the return and search feature. The unit is still usable but not in a way it should. I thought about a stylis but it doesn't seem to work in any of the little holes. I don't want to "Physically Damage " it so I have stopped that thought . Anyone actually had their buttons fall out???? According to everyone I have spoke with so far."Haven't ever seen that!!!"

Thanks for any comments or suggestions 

Rod

View original

Hello Rod, like Joel I've never heard of a Droid X losing it's buttons.   I own two of them and got them right after the introduction of the phones and their buttons are still fine, FWIW.     --- Dan

lappir
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 17

Yea, my first one was great. Only problem was after almost two years the power/usb plug got so you had to be very careful when you set the phone down for it to remain connected to charge. They replaced it in December. This new (refurbished) phone was working well, same as the old one. Not dropped, not damaged but the buttons are no longer there and while I can use the phone for most stuff it's not all that user friendly now. 

lappir
What's DOS?
Views: 490
Message 15 of 17

Here is another Photo

lappir
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 17

I could see if I were constantly dropping the phone or something. Maybe before I recieved it, life for it wasn't as pleasant. I shouldn't have to accept this. 

SPF
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 17

I've had my DX since day one.  Have lost it snowboarding in the mountains (found it), dropped, dinged dented, kicked and abused in a number of ways, over the years.

The core menu buttons have never waned in their performance and feel (as near as I can tell) as solid as the day I got it.  The camera button on the other hand has not fared as well (doesn't work -- most likely due to one of the accidental mishandling).

I'm very particular about the tactile responsiveness of the physical buttons (can't stand the soft touch screen buttons), so this is something I would have noticed immediately.  Alas, they are still as reliable as I would expect and have never failed in meeting my standards.

Now, if only the camera would have held up the same, the phone would have very little for me to be disappointed in.