Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_S
What's DOS?
Views: 67
Message 1 of 2

Corp. Sync meeting requests with delegation

We have several Motorola Droid devices (Droid X2 and Droid 2 Global) at our organization and have noticed after migrating our entire userbase from Blackberry to Droid that when a delegate receives a meeting request, it shows them as the recipient rather than the actual recipient. We are using Microsoft Exchange 2007 and the meeting request shows the correct recipient when viewed in Outlook 2007/2010 and OWA.

Example:

USER1 sets USER2 as a delegate with the default settings:
"Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me"
"Deliver meeting requests addressed to me and responses to meeting requests where I am the organizer to: My delegates only, but send a copy of meeting requests and responses to me (recommended)"

When USER3 sends a meeting request to USER1, both USER1 and USER2 will receive the meeting request. In Outlook, USER2 will see the meeting request as "Received for USER1" and can accept or reject the meeting request on USER1's behalf. This is the expected behavior.

However, on the Droid devices, the meeting request only shows one recipient. In the case of USER2 (the delegate) it shows them as the recipient, rather than USER1. This means that USER2 cannot differentiate meeting requests sent directly to them (and intended for them) from meeting requests sent to USER1 for which they are a delegate.

I'm posting this on the recommendation of a Motorola Tier 2 technical support representative who was unable to find any information about this issue. If this feature is not available currently, we would like it included in a future update.

Thank you.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 67
Message 2 of 2

Re: Corp. Sync meeting requests with delegation

Hello Michael.  I'm sorry to say I have not found an answer to your question as of yet.  If I find a solution or work-around, I will post it here for your and the forum's benefit.   Thank you for your post.     --- Dan