cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbleecker
What's DOS?
Views: 346
Message 1 of 11

DROID X: Applications missing from the Android Market......

I am expirencing missing applications in the Market.

my DROID X is on the .604 SW release.

Example of 3 apps I use regularly are:

TV.com (CBS, CNET etc)

OneCAST ( new with videos)

Engadget

I am sure there are many more apps.

Anyone have a clue on why they are not showing up?

Is this going to be corrected on July 15th, or will there be another update?

Thanks

Bob

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 11

Re: DROID X: Applications missing from the Android Market......

@bbleecker

Forgive me for asking, but where did you get this phone? If you were to have non-launch software sometimes apps won't show up unless they've been white listed on a Google approved version of the software. If your software isn't the official release then your software would need to be update to get those apps.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Simple1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 11

There is appps missing. ..

I have current version. ..

Moto says that is a verizon issue .

On Jul 12, 2010 12:20 PM, "Mark" <

bbleecker
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 11

I was one of the lucky 150ish that were shipped from VZW.

I received it on the 8th and received one software update which brought me to .604.

Still concerned that these apps (TV.com, OneCAST, Engaget) are not available on the X.

BoB

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 5 of 11

I think Mark is right -- until the release the phone's software is likely not fully enabled on the Market. But I will ask around and see if I can get any additional details.

Engadget is on the Market. Just be sure to spell it right.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
bbleecker
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 11

Well I was able to install Engadget however TV.com and Onecast still do not show up.

Bob

Highlighted
Motorola Admin
Message 7 of 11

Thanks for pointing this out -- we are looking into it. No explanation right now.

I will say that similar issues have happened during several Android launches and most were quickly fixed by someone throwing a switch behind the scenes.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
bbleecker
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 11

Will keep my fingers crossed that the apps will show up in the next few days.  I will post once I can install them.

Thanks

Bob

stemmers
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 11

The issue has to do with whether or not an app was submitted by the developer as "protected". Most of the bigger/smarter publishers submit their apps this way so they only appear on legit in-market devices. It's up to Google actually to recognize the device and system version in order for you to see these apps in Market. I work for one of these publishers and I can't even see my OWN apps that have been in market for awhile on my Droid X.  I suspect that a lot of us who have had pre-release version of the Droid X (ver .514) will see this clear up in the next day or two. If not, there will be pitchforks and torches towards GOOG/MOT/VZ. given all the current Android users upgrading to this device  ;-)

Motorola Admin
Message 10 of 11

Looks like the switch was thrown and this is fixed. Please confirm and either let me know what's missing or mark "answered."

The only one I can't find is "OneCAST" but I can't find anything about it. Have you confirmed that it is in the market at all? I Googled it and all references to it lead to pages that say "no such app."