cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FIRMWARE
What's DOS?
Views: 3,840
Message 1 of 8

DROID X: How do I activate my device after a reset?

hello

I set my phone to factory settings trying to eliminate a gmail account

now my phone does not work and also it lost the service of phone company

please help me to configurate it

BB

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 8

Re: DROID X: How do I activate my device after a reset?

Have you tried dialing *228 option 1. That should get your service back. Have you already entered your Gmail account info?

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

SPF
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

For others considering a reset, I just completed a factory reset via the boot menu, and have not had any issues establishing connections with my service provider.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 8

Problems like this don't usually happen, but occasionally they do. I have seen this problem personally. Most of the time, though, there isn't any problems with service after a reset. I am certainly glad that you didn't have any.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Osore
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

after factory reset .I lost everything on droid x phone, and is not reseting after  hard and soft reset.shows error.......

E:Can't  open/cache/recovery/command.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 8

Osore said:

after factory reset .I lost everything on droid x phone, and is not reseting after  hard and soft reset.shows error.......

E:Can't  open/cache/recovery/command.

View original

Can you explain the steps that you took to factory reset the phone? Did you do it from the recovery menu or the settings menu? Were you rooted or have altered software?  the more info you can give the better the chance we are going to be able to help.

By the last error message I see does that mean that you haven't been able to get to the recovery menu either? What steps have you taken and what were the results of those steps since you got the error?

Osore
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

idid the setting menu and i have tried recovery menu and did the following:

while phone is off ,ipressed home key +power button,exclamation mark followed where after pressing search it gives me that error below the screen, i proceeded with wipe data/factory reset,yes--delete all user data ......still showing error and takes me back to the menu on screen showing "welcome to driodx touch the andriod to begin". I have also tried *288 but cant access network.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 8

Is there an SD card in the phone? If so, than please remove it and try booting the phone back up. 

So, just to make sure I have it right, you are getting the phone to boot, but it just won't activate? Have you tried calling Verizon? They might have something in the computer to help. Mayby resetting the account or something. If that fails than having the phone flashed might be the answer. Let me know what happens with calling Verizon. Hope this helps.