Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID X by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

47 Posts

07-27-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 381 of 1347

Re: DROID X: Issues with Exchange corporate sync discussed here

2010-07-28, 13:27 PM

I'm interested in what Motorola's rolling out as well, especially in light of this Engadget post which shows Froyo running on an X.  Perhaps the 2.2 update has a completely functional Corporate Sync mail client?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/28/android-2-2-upgrade-for-droid-x-may-already-be-trickling-out-ot/

Joe

Options

103 Posts

07-04-2012

Palm City, FL

8 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 382 of 1347

2010-07-28, 13:34 PM

Can I assume (hate that assume word) that this SelfSSL certificate is a free item and does not require you to purchase anything from a outside party?

Thanks, 

Options

7 Posts

07-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 383 of 1347

2010-07-28, 13:40 PM

Matt,

I'm registered and willing to test as well.

Thanks!

Meredith

Options

47 Posts

07-27-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 384 of 1347

2010-07-28, 13:44 PM

Yes, SelfSSL is free as it's part of the IIS resource kit.  Keep in mind, though, it just creates self-signed certs so while it's free the certs won't be trusted.  Shouldn't be a problem with the Droid X or other Android devices as you can just say to ignore certificate errors, but if you have WinMo device they will be hosed unless you manually import the root certificate on each device.

Your best bet is to just buy a real SSL cert from some signing authority if you're going to use SSL.  Or if you just want to use one temporarily until Mot pushes out a fix, here are some resources to get evaluation certificates that are signed by a trusted root authority.

http://www.freessl.com/ (30-day trial)

http://www.globalsign.com/free-ssl-certificate/free-ssl.htm (45-day trial)

http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-products/free-ssl-certificate.html (90-day trial)

That's almost six months of trial SSL certs signed by a trusted root... hopefully Mot will have a fix pushed out by then. :-)

Joe

Options

9 Posts

07-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 385 of 1347

2010-07-28, 14:38 PM

I am also a 2003 Exchange user.  I was able to initially sync emails, contacts and calendar.  Emails appeared to be pushing through.  Now I must go to email and fetch them myself. Every now and then an email will come through by itself but with no predictability. The issue I believe is due to the password requirements on the exchange server and also that my company needs to be able to wipe the device should I ever lose / have it stolen. Moto sent me a link for my IT department to make some changes but that will not fly since this is a big company and they do not want to expose themselves to lowering the security requirements. I purchased my phone on July 15th and here is the dilema I am in as I am sure many of you are as well.  30 days to change phone with no penalty.  I ordered the Incredible last night and should arrive next week.  Verizon was cool and did not charge me the restocking fee or shipping either. I really like the Droid X and do not want to send it back.  I am hearing that Froyo is coming out on August 6th.

Questions I have:

- Will Froyo address this issue with corp sync and exchange?

- Why does the next best smartphone come out without the same if not better options of the phones already available?

- Why will Motorola not let us know when the update is coming and what we can expect?  Do they realize how many people are having this issue and plan on going over/back to HTC?

FYI - My IT department says that the Incredible HTC works because something to do with the Sense interface.

PLEASE HELP!

Brian

Options

14 Posts

07-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 386 of 1347

2010-07-28, 14:43 PM

As Joseph said, yes it is free. Also, keep in mind, when you install an SSL certificate on your server you need to open up port 443 on your firewall to allow that trafic to your exchange iis server. Another thing, once you enable SSL the other devices that connect without SSL will not be able to connect until they've been configured to use SSL to connect. 

Options

9 Posts

07-21-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 387 of 1347

2010-07-28, 15:53 PM

I'm going to make a YouTube video showing how my original release day one iPhone 2G handles my company email no problem, but the brand new 2010 Droid X does not.

Anyone have any suggestions about what I should say in the video? I was going to lay them side by side on the table, show how you enter the information into the stock email app account settings, and the email downloads without any problems. Then I'll do the same to the X, set up the account using the stock email app, and show how it just sits there with "cannot connect to server errors". I'll pixel out the account ID and password of course.

Any other suggestions for the video? I don't want to use any third party apps as that is not a fair out of the box comparison.

I'll post the link here for everyone to see, and if you can spread it around the user boards.

I'm shooting is this weekend, so send in your suggestions by Friday evening.

Thx!

Options

164 Posts

07-23-2010

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 388 of 1347

2010-07-28, 16:12 PM

Hi Rick,

I am glad to hear that you are now getting your notifications.

We have tracked the root cause of this issue.  Most users will actually not experience it.  To the best of our knowledge, a factory reset should not help, although we will look into that. 

Thank you for your feedback.

Francois

Options

20127 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2607 Signins

65428 Page Views

• Views: 65428
  • Message 389 of 1347

2010-07-28, 16:16 PM

Well, if you must do this, please include that Motorola has acknowledged the problem, committed to delivering a permanent solution, and is testing a temporary work-around to help owners connect until that solution is delivered. Thanks.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

43 Posts

07-19-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 390 of 1347

2010-07-28, 16:17 PM

Obviously you can return your Droid X anytime before aug 15, NOT every IT enviroment is the same. We know there is an issue let them fix it.  To me making a video etc is such a waste of time

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms