Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomgillotti
What's DOS?
Views: 135
Message 1 of 17

DROID X Vs. iphone 4

This article will make you believe that the iphone 4 is better than the Droid X... as they say, on paper the Droid is better, but not according to their tests.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/199844/iphone_4_vs_droid_x_a_headtohead_comparison.html

Look past the article, the comments of both Droid and iphone users who call out the article's writers as bias is where the truth lies.

Verizon Vs. at&t?

It's obvious that at&t and iphone are not a powerful combo...

Once again, Apple does it first, Android does it better

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 17

Re: DROID X Vs. iphone 4

Tom, have you read in the news media today about the problems they're having with the iPhone4?   I couldn't be happier.  Of course, comparisons are inevitable.  Actually, I'm interested in a Droid 2, partially because of the improved keyboard and specs, but mostly because it's nearly identical to the Droid 1 and my wife probably won't notice the difference.  (If they'd just left the colors alone, it would be a lock.) - Mark

tomgillotti
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 17

I haven't seen any of the recent problems they are having with the iphones, but it makes me chuckle to think about the people who waited in the lines and are now having problems! Any links to these articles?

I am also waiting patiently for the Droid 2, although I'm not overly extatic about some of the specs. I wish we would get some more infor on this 2 GHZ monster supposedly coming by the end of the year, specifically if it will also have a physical QWERTY! 2GHZ + Front/ Rear cam + Physical QWERTY + Android 2.3?? lol It's a lock, sign me up!! (Btw for anyone looking, I know nothing about an Android 2.3... just throwing hypotheticals out there).

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 17

If you look at all of the blogs on the Internet who reviewed the original Droid, there are so many points they missed *completely*, and they misled countless people to believe things were, well, beyond belief good.  The fact of the matter is, *all* of the bloggers are in a head-long rush to be the first to make reports/reviews on cell phones, and accuracy be darned.  It takes extended testing of a cell phone to know what it's truly all about, so be careful what/where you read your information and take a great deal of it with a grain of salt.  --- Dan

tomgillotti
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 17

Certainly it should go without saying tht this all should be taken with a huge grain of salt. You're right though, only time will tell who the true performers are!

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 17
bennyb820
Broadband 3G
Message 7 of 17

Death to the iPhone! It is exciting to see Android really come into it's own as a platform. I can't wait for the day when someone mentions an app, and people assume it is for Android rather that the iPhone.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 17

Benny, *that* day is here, for many, especially for those of us who know true technology and appreciate the type and quality that Google continues to pump out to us and our Droid's.  As far as the general public realizing this, I don't think it's that far away either.  As I can see you are an Android believer as am I, seems it can be safely envisioned that everyone will be eating Android's dust within one year, JMHO  --- Dan

bennyb820
Broadband 3G
Message 9 of 17

Agreed. Eat our dust Jobs!!!

On Jun 25, 2010 3:32 PM, "DansDroid" <

tomgillotti
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 17

Just watching some television, saw this commercial come on tv.. it was a close up of a guy's eye. It started doing all of these weird things, and then the retina turned metal... and then I realized this was a Droid X commercial.... sure enough. I recognized it from the leaked commercial scripts from a couple weeks ago. It didn't give much, but it was a cool teaser.