Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imragtop
WWAN
Views: 187
Message 1 of 13

Droid X Commercial

Just saw my first Droid X commercial at 9:15 pm Eastern time and the second at 9:31. I wasn't paying attention at first and saw what looked like a robot eye or something and thought, this looks like a Droid commercial.  It was, 15 seconds long I think, though it might have been 30.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 13

Re: Droid X Commercial

Just found this one on youtube.  Is it the one that you saw?  It is only 15 seconds.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

imragtop
WWAN
Message 3 of 13

Yes, I do believe that was it. I wasn't paying much attention and missed the first part, twice.

slsmag
802.11n
Message 4 of 13

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/06/23/droid.x/?fbid=VGvHqF4w85i

By Doug Gross, CNN
June 23, 2010 -- Updated 1540 GMT (2340 HKT)
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/TECH/mobile/06/23/droid.x/story.droid.x.courtesy.jpg

(CNN) -- A day before the the much-hyped release of the iPhone 4, Verizon is announcing a new Droid phone that's got some analysts more excited.

The official rollout of the Droid X was scheduled for 1 p.m. on Wednesday.

But earlier in the day, Verizon posted a teaser page on its website showcasing the phone.

Chief among the features it promotes is a 4.3-inch screen, considerably bigger than the new iPhone's 3.5-inch display.

It also highlights the phone's video and audio capabilities -- particularly the ability to capture and show high-definition video and play digital audio.

Mobile analysts are predicting a continued move to larger smartphone screens as customers look to use them for watching movies, as e-readers and the like. One knock on the new iPhone is that its display screen is no bigger than the one on the current 3GS model.

A short, surreal, video clip from Verizon, posted on YouTube, also promotes the Droid X, showing a release date in July.

Like other Droid phones, the Droid X runs on Google's Android operating system, which runs a different set of apps from Apple's gadgets.

Highlighted
DragonStab
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 13

Wow..... that commercial is just freakin' COOL.

sroach23
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 13

any word on the glass? is it gorilla glass like the original?

ndoren
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 13

Does this phone have the original "Google Experience," or is it modified with MotoBlur?

imragtop
WWAN
Message 8 of 13

After seeing the Droid2 and DroidX, I have a feeling I'm gonna be wanting the DroidX2.5, when they build it. Probably hold out for the X15.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 13

ndoren wrote:

Does this phone have the original "Google Experience," or is it modified with MotoBlur?

I read that Motoblur will be on it, but disabled to begin with.  I read about it here.  Thanks to Dansdroid for the link. Sanjay says the device will run 2.1 at launch with Motoblur, but it's been "hidden" from the consumer at startup and setup.

I personally would rather have the Google Experience.  Doesn't look like we will have a choice.  It would be nice if they made it an option.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

ndoren
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 13

Joel, thanks.

Even with MotoBlur turned off, my concern is that this particular version of Android, NOT being "plain vanilla," will have updates delayed.  It seems that phones that have manufacturer modified versions of Android (eg: MotoBlur or Sense UI modifications) are slower to get updates.  I know people are fixated with updates, and should just enjoy their phones and not worry about it.  However, my original Droid has performed much better with each successive update, so I like to get them earlier rather than later.