Views: 34
Message 11 of 13

Re: Droid X Commercial

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 12 of 13

I feel exactly the same way.  I want the Google experience not someone else's.  Time will tell if we get another phone from Motorola that doesn't have Motoblur.  It looks as if both the Droid X and Droid 2 will have Motoblur.  I guess I will stick with the original for now.

ndoren wrote:

Joel, thanks.

Even with MotoBlur turned off, my concern is that this particular version of Android, NOT being "plain vanilla," will have updates delayed.  It seems that phones that have manufacturer modified versions of Android (eg: MotoBlur or Sense UI modifications) are slower to get updates.  I know people are fixated with updates, and should just enjoy their phones and not worry about it.  However, my original Droid has performed much better with each successive update, so I like to get them earlier rather than later.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

logicman
WWAN
Message 13 of 13

Hopefully this will spell the demise of custom interfaces on top of Android... Android's "Gingerbread" To Upgrade Interface