Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmbishop
What's DOS?
Views: 690
Message 1 of 11

Droid X Random Reboots

Anyone else have issues with their DX rebooting all the stinking time? Mine seems to be getting progressively worse in its age but I am waing on a few more LTE chipset revisions before taking the 4G plunge. My X will reboot randomly throughout the day and usually does this when trying to send a text or listen to music. I am beginning to think it is a faulty device, but want to get some thoughts before I swap the device via my protection insurance. I was also unaware of so many people having issues with their X's powering on after shutdown.

Love the Moto hardware, but loath the software support. Still wish I could go back to the Eclair build from launch. It was the most stable.

crfullenkamp
Punch Card
Message 2 of 11

Re: Droid X Random Reboots

I would go ahead just exchange it, I have a few random reboots a month, but not all the time.
luxury2
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 11

Yea mine does the same thing.  It happened after the last system upgrade.  Now I can't shut it off and have it stay off without removing the Battery.  After that upgrade it seemed to slow down as well.  I have removed applications to speed it up to no avail.

Not applicable
Message 4 of 11

Mine fixed the rebooting issue on its own. Smile Unfortunately, now it won't start at all. Cry

irvoslin
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 11

Apparently Motorola doesn't care about this obvious problem. My answer, get an iPhone.

rmbishop
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 11

I honestly think a letter to both the FAA and FCC Is in store because this issue could pose a threat to passengers on aircraft if one believes that their Droid X is  powered down during flight but instead powers back on during a flight. Though it is doubtful any harm would come from this, I am waiting for someone to be fined by FAA because their device was not properly powered down. I don't think the Motorola name would fair too well if airlines have to ask any passengers with Motorola devices to remove their batteries before fight.

SBL
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 11

OH MY GOD please make it STOP!

I switched from an unlocked Optimus 3D on T-Mobile to joining my other half on a Verizon family plan and I inherited the Droid X while the new line got an iPhone 4s, and this Droid X will not stop rebooting. In the middle of music and boom, that stupid eye pops up and I have to pull the battery just to be able to do anything. Holding the power button down does nothing, and it eventually restarts. In this middle of a website, blam, that dumb eye.

I am so frustrated and I don't know what to do. The phone has never been rooted, dropped, gotten wet, or anything. The only changes to it have been the *factory* update from Froyo to Gingerbread.

It's driving me crazy.

Does anyone at all have any ideas or suggestions? The problem doesn't seem to have been resolved on here and I'm not seeing any way out.

The contract for this phone isn't up until October of this year! How on Earth do they make you contract, with no early upgrades, for a phone that doesn't even last the life of the contract?!

Cody21
802.11n
Message 8 of 11

After Gingerbread, many people have had success with doing a Factory reset ... seems to have quieted down many of the issues.  Have you tried that?

SBL
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 11

On the phone with Verizon now. I have factory reset twice since this started. It is a known issue all over the internet. I just came here to see if anyone had any other suggestions.
JKramer3281
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 11

No one posted a result?